Report Analysis

It would be a huge advantage if you can introduce Report Analytic Tools to enable visualization of reporting. Statistics charts and graph.
A client invited me for a meeting along with her consultant and said she wants to change her accounting software because it lacks this feature, that she has to copy to spreadsheet.
Kindly find this as important and urgent.

I introduced manager to the company for free almost year ago for them to test and be convinced so by September they can start paying charges

Please note that this has been extensively discussed on the forum and that the rules at FAQ - Manager Forum say that:

• Search before you post. Chances are good you are not the first person with a similar question. If you cannot find what you need in the Guides, thousands of topics with tens of thousands of postings make it likely the answer to your question is already here on the Forum. Before starting a new topic, tap into our huge, crowdsourced knowledge base.

I just ran your request to the Manager AI chatbot and some key discussions are listed. From these it become clear why Manager does not include statistical charts and graphics:

Here are some relevant forum topics I found that discuss the charting and graphing features in Manager.io:

1. Show Project Profit in Percentage - This post discusses various ways of presenting data in Manager.io, it explains that Manager mainly uses tables for presentation, not graphics or charts.
  2. Graph and Chart Summary in Dashboard - This user recommends a chart summary in the dashboard to help users understand the status of their financial summary over a period of time.
  3. Considering Graphs in a summary View - A request for introducing graphs in the summary view, namely for Cash Flow chart, Profit and Loss chart, Net Income chart, and Expense breakdown pie chart.
  4. Require Graphic reports - A post discussing the need for charts and graphs in reports.
  5. Graphs in Summary view - This post indicates that the introduction of charting/graphs functionality in the Summary view has been an ongoing user request for some time.
  6. Analytics & graphs etc - A call for the addition of graphs and analytics to the Manager dashboard for quick decision making.

Please note that as in all discussions the ideas or features suggested may or may not have been implemented. If you have any further questions or if you are facing an issue, let me know.

Why would they need to do that if they are managing with the free Desktop version let them keep doing it. That she wants to change Manager to something else that includes charting, etc that is her choice.

Maybe he gave them cloud access.
Btw graphical reporting was once mentioned by @lubos but dont know if its on the roadmap or not.

1 Like

Whatever @cletus18 wants to charge his clients if he has them on his cloud or server edition is not a concern to Manager.io

It seems the client is a single user with her consultant so Desktop would be perfectly okay to use. As Manager in view of the client lacks certain features that are widely discussed. These discussions concluded that these can be resolved by exporting data to applications that help with further analysis and presentation. The client could therefore indeed be advised to adopt another accounting application.

Thanks @shahabb yes I’m on cloud edition for my own business and added their company. MANAGER.IO is not that popular in my region so we work extra hard to convince clients but I can speak with authority that it is the best simplified application I have ever used.
This was the point graphical reporting was once mentioned by @lubos but don’t know if its on the roadmap or not.

Very nice @lubos your explanation clarifies this topic

• My issue with graphs is that they take too much space and carry little signal. Most accounting packages have some sort of “Dashboard” which looks good on marketing materials and screenshots but it’s mostly useless to look at day-by-day.*

Thank you too @eko for drawing my attention, correction noted.