Rental

@Tut
Thanks brother
Yeah that’s what i did means i have created tenants/ customers so that i can get statements
And for advance payments i have created another account (Temporary Receipts) current asset while on the another to acknowledge these advance payments I’m using Customer’s credit
So it’s a good way i think because it will not create rental incomes at the of time of receiving and will be credited as income when become matures :slight_smile:
Thanks once more

An advance payment or deposit from a customer is a liability, not an asset. The distinction between a current or long-term liability will depend on the definition you have adopted. Your earlier post makes it sound like you are collecting post-dated cheques for one quarter in advance, so probably current liability is appropriate.

But I may be misunderstanding your workflow. If I piece things together from several of your posts, I wonder if you are debiting a current asset account with the post-dated cheques at the same time you credit Customer credits? In other words, have you created a temporary holding account rather than record the post-dated cheques in Uncleared Deposits? If so, are you eventually receiving the money from your current asset account when the cheques mature? I guess that would be one way to do it. Receiving directly into Uncleared Deposits and crediting Customer credits seems simpler. That way, rather than an entirely new transaction when the cheque matures, you only need to clear the already existing deposit.

@Tut
yeah brother you are right that any advance received from a customer is a current liability not an asset.
As far as i know about this software (my knowledge regarding this software is too less as i am only a beginner) the customer credit creates a current liability and to acknowledge this advance payment i have created a temporary receipt account (current asset) keeping in mind the following scenario:
one of our customer made advance cash payment so the entry will be:
Cash Debited (Current Asset)
Current Liability Credited
same if we receive check in advance to the entry would be as follows
Temporary Receipt Debited (Current Asset)
Current Liability Credited

I got your point: Yeah i have created another account for holding post dated cheques
Brother it means if i keep these cheques in uncleared deposit it will not appear untill the maturity dates arrives? So how it will be possible for me to come to know that which cheque is going to be mature in near future? is there any such solution that the system shows a pop up notification for the cheques which are going to be mature?

What if a use cleared option and specify future date for the cheques to be cleared?
i think the second one will notify me when a check is going to be mature and on the same date i’ll recognize it as Rental revenue and will decrease customer liabilty

@Tut
i want that the system should me a pop up notification for any cheque that is going to be mature
e.g.
Today i received a post dated cheque which will be matured on 1st May 2016.
if i acknowledge this cheque as uncleared deposit, how it will be possible for me to come to know that it is going to be mature on 1st may?

or i have to constantly and thoroughly will keep an eye on all the uncleared deposits

There is no way to have Manager generate a pop-up notification that a cheque is mature. The best you can do is enter them as Uncleared Deposits, with their future dates. When you drill down into the Uncleared Deposits balance, you will see a list of those cheques. You can arrange by date by clicking on the column heading.

The nice thing is that the Summary will not include the future-dated checks and will display a warning about them.

@Tut
You mean to say instead of putting the current date i should have to use the future date?

@Tut
Thanks a lot brother i tried to do the same way
i have checked Balance sheet and summary and it did not appear there neither Post dated cheques nor customer credits
which is absolutely conforming to Accounting rules
A lot of my confusion is solved and cleared now :smile: