Refunds Help

Hi,
I have a client who requires a refund. I’ve issued “new payment” and it shows the amount over in the Amount Paid side of the Receipts and Payments screen,

BUT under the sales invoice screen it shows that the balance is outstanding.

The amount has also been taken away from the balance under the Bank Accounts and when you click on the balance, it shows it as a negative there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You should emit a credit note.

See guides - Use credit notes for customer returns and refunds | Manager

Apologizes, I’m having trouble figuring this out. If you have a moment, could you assist?

Thank you :slight_smile:

What exactly do you need help with? The Guide explains it all. You just made the payment before issuing the credit note. Now issue the credit note.

Having trouble with “paying out the credit” / refund. At the bottom of the article.

Paying out a refund

If a customer requests a refund of the credit balance, record a payment from a bank or cash account and allocate the refund to Accounts receivable and the customer’s subaccount. When a refund payment is recorded, the balance of Accounts receivable for the customer will move in the positive direction:

When I created the credit note from the original invoice, this happened

Here, you can see the credit note that was created.

Here it is under the bank accounts where the bottom of the article says to go…

I’m lost after this…

It’s not possible to see exactly what you did, because you are showing transaction lists instead of edit screens. And you’ve obscured a lot of information. But a few things emerge:

• It looks like you originally paid the refund twice. This could be why the sales invoice is overpaid.
  • It sounds like you are trying to pay a second time after creating the credit note. You don’t have to because you already paid (at least once).
  • The purpose of the credit note was to catch up with the payment you already made.