Proforma Invoice

How can issue proforma Invoice and receive and settle advances from customer and suppliers in manager accounting software

@samz,

In order to provide an appropriate answer, first I need to ask what is your level of understanding of both Manager and accounting principles?

Use a sales quote with a changed title for a pro forma invoice. Read the Guide about sales quotes. Also read the Guide about advances from customers. And search the forum before posting. This has been covered many times.

Great advice. I like your writing. :slight_smile:

I have good level of understanding and using manager almost 1 year.

Hi @samz,

After I sent you a reply earlier today, @Tut posted a reply as well. He directed you to review the appropriate guides for sales quotes (under the Accounts Receivable heading) and customer advances (under the Cashbook heading). I reviewed those guides and the directions are very straightforward and easy to follow.

So I would now urge you to follow Tut’s advice and you should be fine. If you still need assistance after reading the guides just post a new request for help.

I read the suggest details for customer advances under cashbook tab. But accounting treatment for customer advance is not right and it will not show in balance under the liabilities side. This will also impact the aging of AR which should not be case. entry should impact the cash/bank and advances from customer account in liability.

this is not right option to book the customer advances

to book advances from customer should create new GL Advances from customers/Unearned Income in liabilities. receipt should be booked under this GL instead of Account receivable. Only challenge i am facing is that when I made this GL as control GL then customer list not showing at the time of booking receipt. I can book the entry in this GL if i not make it control GL.
Is there possibility that i can use the customer list in receipt this will allow me book advance with customer details

Your opinion is shared by some, but not all, accountants. A little internet searching will reveal two major, alternative approaches to handling customer and supplier credits. Manager currently nets them out against receivables and payables in Accounts receivable and Accounts payable. Some prefer separating them. Either approach is acceptable from an accounting perspective.

If you want to separate them, as you apparently do, Manager can handle that through special accounts. These Guides are relevant:
https://www.manager.io/guides/10555
https://www.manager.io/guides/10342

No. Customers can only be set up as subsidiary ledgers to one control account at a time. And regardless where they are assigned, the receipt form does not include a Customer field, only a Payee field. Customers you’ve entered before will show up as autocomplete options, but the customer dropdown list will not be available.

This is incorrect, as Customers and Suppliers who have never been entered as Payees will appear in the Payees dropdown list

Customers x 2, Suppliers x 2, No previous transactions, All selectable under Payer
0000000%20Bug%203 0000000%20Bug%203a 0000000%20Bug%204 0000000%20Bug%204a

@Brucanna, if you weren’t always in such a hurry to prove someone else wrong, you might see the contradiction in your own claim. I answered @samz’s question about availability of the customer list in receipts. That is definitely not available for receipts.

The example you constructed illustrates the autocomplete function of the Payee and Payer fields (which are both feeder names for the actual variable, recipient). That is very different from, and definitely does not give you access to, the customer list. The function only suggests five recent entries that happen to match whatever text string you have already typed into the field. If more than five match, the list will be truncated based on frequency and timing of prior use. And no matter what you type, you will never see an autocomplete suggestion for a customer you have not previously entered in the field.

Further, your example illustrates an illogical situation. No user is going to start typing “u” when looking for a customer named “Customer A.”