Production Orders Not Taking Inventory from Credit Notes

One more time, you have not illustrated a problem with your example production order.

I am posting the screenshots again here:

That is different from what you showed previously. The illustration you finally showed confirms the source of your problem is that you never purchased the inventory item you used. So the incomplete portion of the production order will be showing in your Production in progress account. This is because there is no cost that can be assigned to the inventory item because you never bought it. So the solution has been provided to you already: do not use credit notes to purchase inventory.

@msafdaar, this topic has played out in a strange way. @Abeiku correctly identified your problem in post #2. I added some information I thought would be helpful in a barter situation. Unfortunately, @Brucanna and I then digressed into discussion about whether production orders recognized quantities added through credit notes, with further digression into average cost adjustments that involved @Abeiku, @Patch, @Davide, and @lubos. I made things worse by apparently doing something wrong as I tested your situation, causing me to offer a false hypothesis about delivery notes. But I think we all lost sight of the main point, which was that you were originally “buying” inventory with credit notes.

So I apologize for my role in leading you down the wrong path.

1 Like

No need for apologies tut. It was my mistake in the first place to use the credit notes for adding inventory and to think it was the right way. Now I have moved all of my credit notes to purchase invoices and production orders are working as they should.
Thank you all for your replies and your time.