PAYG Instalment

Is it possible to include PAYG Instalments in the BAS Worksheet for Sole Traders so that it is included in the amount owing to the Tax Office when lodging the BAS.

PAYG installments payable by a taxpayer on their personal taxable income including their business income cannot be ascertained from the Manager accounting data.

1 Like

I thought there may be some possibility of including an input transaction from an Entry, whereby it could be put into PAYG Instalment Payable as Tax Code - then when it is paid at BAS time the item could be cleared - similar to GST on both Sales and Purchases and included in the BAS worksheet at Item 4 Amounts owed to the ATO.- only a thought

Currently it is available from the Payslip Summary report by creating a quarterly report.
The “Total Deductions” is the PAYGW owing and the “Total Contributions” is the quarters super commitment. It would be nice if, under the “Tax Reports”, the reportable PAYG tax withheld (W4) was added if payroll is being used. Noting that this is an Australian tax thing.

1 Like

Yes KateG because it is an Australian thing it is a pity that this part of the program couldn’t be developed for Australians - it is such a good program, I think that if the BAS report was a little more substantial for Australians it would have much appeal

1 Like

PAYG instalments are personal tax obligations that are outside the scope of any accounting system. As indicated by @KateG, PAYG withholding is already included in the payroll reports.

Hi Tony, I am talking about Instalments nothing to do with the Payroll PAYG. This is an obligated amount owing to the ATO by the Sole Trader and is usually paid at the same time as the Quarterly BAS

Maybe this could be a liability entered into the Integrated Client Account and cleared at the time of Payment.

When you pay your quarterly BAS, split the payment and allocate the PAYG instalment to your personal drawings. PAYG instalments are based on your personal taxable income that often includes income derived from other sources.

I am wondering if a custom field could be created in the BAS Worksheet to alow a sole trader to have their PAYG Instalment amount as levied by the ATO included. This is a one figure amount showing their obligation to the ATO on a Quarterly Basis

Custom fields cannot be added to reports.

@sxr8000 Under liabilities I created a “Provision for Income Tax PAYGi” which the Qtrly payment goes into, waiting there till the Annual assessment results.

My understanding is if using STP then PAYGw should be defunct as it will be added by the ATO on your Qtrly BAS/PAYGw statement, otherwise the STP report can be configured to give you the Qtr W1 and W2 for any period.

Hi KateG
PAYG Instalment is the amount a sole Trader Pays when he pays his QuarterleyBAS = has nothing to do with PAYG Withholding paid for employees and has nothing to do with STP, this is purely an amount levied ny the ATO based on the previous year’s Income - Provisional Tax under another name. - All I require is a place to show my Client how much he has to Pay when he pays his BAS - usually included at 5A on the BAS Return

You can create the ATO as a supplier and allocate the amount payable to the sole trader capital account to help with financial planning. The PAYG installment is included on the Activity Statement issued by the ATO in advance of the due date for payment. The payment to the ATO can be split between GST Payable, PAYG Withholding Payable and Accounts Payable (ATO).