Oving funds from retained earnings to capital accounts

Hello everyone!
Please help me how can I move funds from retained earnings accounts to Capital Accounts?

You can search the forum on retained earnings. I just did and after some time found what you may have been looking for. For once I provide the link I found and hope that in future you do so to :slight_smile: https://forum.manager.io/t/capital-accounts-retained-earnings/3412

When starting to use Manager I suggest reading through the table of contents of the guides Guides | Manager
After which the search function is an efficient way of finding relevant guides.

In this case this would be a reasonable starting point
Capital Accounts: Set up and use capital accounts | Use capital subaccounts
Journal Entries: Make journal entries

However using Managers tools does require some basic accounting knowledge.

I was able to create “Amount to pay” in capital account by:
DR - Retained Earnings
CR - Capital A/c (sub-account: Share of profit)

But now, how can I make an entry to show that company has now paid this amount to capital account and the balance is zero now. Please help.

That is shown by a balance sheet report and your journal entry

What would be the second journal entry Sir? Please guide me.
Right now Capital A/c is showing “Amount to pay” balance

What are you actually trying to do?
If you want to physically withdraw money from the business you need to take it out of a physical bank account then record the payment in Manager (probably from your capital account).

If you want to distribute the share of profit to each owners capital account, then that was already achieved by the first journal entry.

By the way, you are asking basic accounting questions not questions on how to use manager. There are better resources for that.

Do you mean to say the business has paid out cash to one of the partners (owners)? If so, you would want to use a Drawing account to handle such a transaction. The guide “Use capital subaccounts” that @Patch provided the link to earlier will explain how to do so.

Yes Sir. I was asking about how to clear the amount that business owes to the owners that is showing under “Amount to pay”.

So now I created a payment from bank A/c and chose Capital A/c to clear the balance owed.

And thankfully it worked. =)

Thankyou everyone
Cheers