Option to make Accounts in invoices (in)visible

No doubt there will be good grounds for removing the [Descriptions] on sales invoices, and only by activation, per template (Form Defaults) or per invoice, conjuring them back.
Unfortunately, right now [Accounts] are visible and cannot be removed.
Is it possible to include the option to activate or inactivate [Accounts] by adjusting the template and/or per invoice?

Can you demonstrate with screenshots what exactly you refer to?

The basic principle is to show only fields which are relevant in given context. I think if business does have any items defined, then there can be an option to hide Account column to simplify the forms further.

I just need to find better way to present checkboxes at the bottom of the forms. For sales invoices, there are already too many.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

You are absolutely right.

@ries, the two situations you mentions are completely different. A case can be made for suppressing descriptions on the entry screen to save space on small screens or where the item code and/or name are the only description necessary or existing. But how can you, by default, suppress the account? That is never shown on the completed view, and except when selecting inventory or non-inventory items, you must make a decision on where the line item will be posted.

@lubos, even if the business has items defined, that does not mean they can do without the account field. Items can be mixed with other things on invoices that require active account selection capability.

@Tut that’s why it could be an option on transaction-level. If you need to mix items and accounts, then you obviously wouldn’t want to hide account column because you need it.

Just seems like an unnecessary option when the list is cluttered already.

I agree
The fundamental process accounting software does is classify income/expenditure in terms of tax code and group (account). If the user is not thinking about this, transactions will not be classified accurately and the resulting calculation / reports will be wrong.

Hiding account would decrease program accuracy and function in my opinion.

I agree for a point of sales terminal, account is not appropriate (all sales go to same account is sales from that terminal). For accounting software however this makes no sense to me.

1 Like

What is your use case for this?
If you are using Manager as a POS terminal for operators with no accounting knowledge, then I think you are asking for the wrong thing.

Instead I would suggest having a user type who can only enter inventory items. Then accounts could be hidden as that user could not enter them.

Btw, this in not the users which enter data in my accounting software so the functionality would not help me.

Which is just the case. To be more specific, sales records are based on non-inventory items.
And that works very well. You can specify for the non-inventory items to which ledger account to post.

Now, the user doesn’t have to think of this. It’s all set up through the non-inventory items.

For the user, seeing the general ledger account on the screen is not necessary. But does take up quite a bit of space, especially on a 15.6inch screen with a standard resolution.
Hence my request to Lubos to make it possible to make the ledger accounts invisible.

Make sense to me only for users who have not been given the ability to enter accounts ie a user working at a POS terminal and only entering inventory and non inventory items. For that user, the account should not shown. Hence my suggestion of what would better address this use case.

For users with the ability to enter accounts and some accounting knowledge then accurate program function requires the user to think about which account a line items should be categorised as. Failure to think will result in poor data entry and inaccurate accounting records.

Quite so.
The current situation is that 4 of my clients are using non-inventory items to create sales invoices.
Hence my request.

Why is Ciabatta wit (broodje) a non-inventory item? Do you not want to track the stock in inventory?

It would mean a lot of extra work.Sandwiches are made fresh every day, and the stock of the different basic sandwiches (=Broodvariatie) is minimal, because those too has to be as fresh as possible. So it is much more convenient to take the stock, which is therefore very small, every so often.