Non Inventory Cost added to Production while viewing a Production Order

While viewing a Production Order, it only shows the Inventory items used and not any additional Non Inventory Costs that may have been added.
It would be helpful if the monetary values of both the inventory items and the non inventory costs that were spent in a Production order are shown.
Currently the Inventory - Cost account shows only a brief overview, and there is no way to see the breakup of costs without going to the account which was Credited while creating the Production Order.
The feature I am requesting would certainly be helpful in seeing the Cost Accounting part of Production Orders.

The “bill of materials” concept that has been discussed previously refers to the ability to store a bill of materials pertaining to production of one unit of a finished inventory item. Then, when entering production orders, the number of units being manufactured could be entered and Manager would automatically calculate total inventory inputs.

This idea is separate, related to seeing non-inventory costs on production orders as well as inventory items.

i misunderstood the first time i read the post. i have deleted my reply.

The points raised here will be added to the existing IDEAS topic Production Orders - Enhancements so they are all grouped together