Latest versions of Server Edition crashes

Hello,

The new versions of Manager Server Edition isn’t working for me, everything was going fine until version 16.4.24, but when I tried versions 33 and later, I get the following error:

# /usr/bin/mono /opt/manager-16.4.33/ManagerServer.exe 
Missing method .ctor in assembly /opt/manager-16.4.33/ManagerServer.exe, type System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /opt/manager-16.4.33/ManagerServer.exe mtoken: 0x0a000001

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'ManagerServer'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'ManagerServer'.

I rolled back and everything is up and running as usual. Is there a new dependancy or something?
My server is ubuntu precise 12.04

Happened to me as well on Digital Ocean. Manager Server won’t run on Ubuntu 12.04 anymore. Needs 16.04. I decided to switch to Cloud edition of Manager. Too much work keeping the operating system up to date.

I have fixed that by upgrading mono to the latest version using the mono-project.com repos, as follows:

apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
echo “deb Index of /repo/debian wheezy main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
echo “deb Index of /repo/debian wheezy-libtiff-compat main” | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
apt-get update
apt-get install mono-complete

I had to fix some minor dependency issues afterwords…

but you are right, @esenicki, I should totally upgrade from 12.04, it will be obsolete soon anyway.

Yeah, I know. Just like keeping an old car running. No longer worth it. Too much time and effort. I have better things to do.