How to import PayPal/Stripe statements after Payer/Payee update?

Okay so following up, I’ve tried pretty much everything I can think of to import customer names from PayPal exports and it seems it’s now impossible.

I’ve tried removing the “Customer” “Supplier” tabs hoping it might remove the function, I’ve tried setting the defaults to “Other”, I’ve tried copying the relevant column names from a Manager export (batch update) and adding them to the PayPal CSV and no matter what I try the Payer/Payee field ends up empty after importing. Even if I did somehow manage to import customers and suppliers to the customers and suppliers it appears those get encrypted into a string of letters & numbers so I’d need to cross-reference the customer names with those strings on the PayPal export - I actually think I did try that for a small test import and even that failed.

I need to hand over my accounts in the next 2 days so I think all I can do at this point is just import everything without the customer names so at least I have the figures I need.

Bizarre why the devs would make this change from the old method which in my opinion worked fine. Strange nobody else has replied with what they do with PayPal, I guess the Manager userbase isn’t as big as I thought (or everybody’s just enjoying a break after such a rough year)