How to find Pending Deliverables on Sales Orders

Why there is no reply from @lubos ?? :thinking:

He cannot be expected to respond to every topic.

Also, as he has already participated / looked into this conversation, there is not necessarily a need to tag his name - he is likely already receiving notifications about new replies here.

^ That was only 10 days ago in this very topic.

I recommend you give this some more time. 10 days is not much when youā€™re talking about a sole developer working on an application like this, with so many other bugs and feature requests being attended to.

Absolutely, Perhaps if it isnā€™t already (I couldnā€™t see it) Tut can add this to the ā€˜Ideasā€™ category which in many ways seems to be a feature request list. Whist Iā€™d love to see this feature, there are many competing ā€˜wantsā€™ each of which likely has different priorities to different users.

I donā€™t see any point to that, because the developer has already said ā€œā€¦order tracking will have to be addedā€¦ā€ He also commented about the difficulty of coming up with a suitable user interface for the capability. That was only 10 days ago.

I respectively disagree. Sounds to me like lubos agrees that Order status tracking (i.e understanding pending deliverables on Sales Orders) is indeed a need and a valid ā€˜Ideaā€™. As such it would be nice to see it on the ideas list so that users can see it is already in the queue for consideration/evaluation (making it an idea does not commit either to it being done or to a timeline). I for one certainly look at the ā€˜Ideasā€™ list to see what enhancement requests/ideas are out there. Am I missing the point of the ā€˜Ideasā€™ category?

Of course there is nothing to stop an idea being rejected or accepted by Lubos, or if he already logged an ā€˜ideaā€™ for order tracking (I didnā€™t see it) then I absolutely agree - donā€™t log a duplicate

Anyway, you call, and if I am misinterpreting the ā€˜Idea of Ideasā€™ fair enough.

Hi, 10 days and 20 days gone. (though not really counting on days), can we see some report or solution in this topic. alasdair was right here, it should atleast be added to the list of idea.

The developer has already said he is working on this.

1 Like

@lubos if i may suggest, you can add a column each in Customers tab and Inventory Items tab.

1. the column in inventory items tab would show the total quantity pending in sales orders for each item.

2. the column in customers tab will show the total quantity ordered by the customer irrespective of number of inventory items, and clicking the figure will give a list of the inventory items and their quantity. (you have already implemented Qty to deliver column in a similar fashion).

the column in the inventory items tab will give the production team an idea what has to be produced.
the column in the customers tab will give the sales team an idea what order is pending against each customer.

@sharpdrivetek yeah, this would be workable. Basically to know quantity on order is total quantity ordered (Sales Orders) - total quantity received (Goods Receipts). So essentially Manager already has the data. Itā€™s just the matter of showing it somewhere.

1 Like

Hi Friends, i was away a while from the forum, but the system is in good use everyday.
Nice to see actions on this topic/requirement.
i think everyone will agree that pending deliverable is equally important to ā€œknowā€ on the GR as well the DO (Delivery note). the facility should better suggested be in the Purchase Order for GR pendings and in the Sales Order for the DO pendings.

Please refer to my previous quotes on this topic as i not placing quote here fearing it become big to read.

1 Like

You only invoice items after they leave a boundary, in example, it leaves your warehouse, any invoice should reduce your stock, while even if you accept payment in advance you must use proforma invoices

The latest version (21.4.86) is adding ability to track quantity to deliver on sales orders.

When creating sales order, there is new checkbox Track quantity to deliver.

If the checkbox is checked, then you will see new column on sales orders tab Qty to deliver.

Clicking on the figure will reveal list of inventory items and their qty balances.

When you ship goods to customer, issue delivery note. Once delivery note is created, the balances will adjust accordingly.

You want to reach zero for each inventory item for sales order to be completely delivered.

A post was split to a new topic: Internal error with pending deliverables