How to add Billable expenses to an already existed sale invoice

Hello Manager team, First you are doing a great job thank you
Just i have a question of How to add Billable expenses to an already existed sale invoice, i already made the invoice but i want add more billable expenses to it, i dont want to create a sale invoice for each billable expense.
waiting for your answer please. Thank you

You can edit billable expense under Billable Expenses tab and set the status to Invoiced, then select existing invoice for the billable expense.

2 Likes

@Amin_Messaoudi1, be aware that doing what @lubos wrote does not actually add the billable expense to the sales invoice. It only removes it from the Billable expenses account. You must manually add it to the sales invoice. The reason this works is that billable expenses do not show up on your profit and loss statement in the first place. They are passed directly through to the customer. Until invoicing, they reside in the Billable expenses asset account. After invoicing, they transfer to Accounts receivable.

So, if you want the billable expenses to be automatically added to a sales invoice, you must delete the invoice and start over in the Customers tab, including the new billable expense when checking which ones to include on the sales invoice.

1 Like

It’s also possible to manually add the line and choosing Billable expenses account. Sometime that might be easier than deleting the whole invoice and recreating from scratch.

1 Like

Yes. As I wrote in my second sentence, “You must manually add it to the sales invoice.” My purpose was to make sure @Amin_Messaoudi1 did not expect that switching status to Invoiced would automatically inject a late billable expense into an already-existing sales invoice.

2 Likes