Historical exchange rates have changed

I have just noticed that the clearing account I use for assigning freight-in costs to inventory has a large balance. It was zeroed after I did the most recent stock purchase within the last two weeks, so I think the recent changes have affected it somehow. Drilling down on the balance I see that the last time it was zero is in 2019, so it looks like all the entries since then have been affected.

I use the method described in the guide for Automatic distribution for separate freight-in charges. However, I am doing it with multiple currencies. I described my process in some detail in this post, and it has been working well until I noticed the large balance in the clearing account just now.

I will try to dig into this further and illustrate with screen shots, etc. However, it could take me some time, so I thought I should raise the issue now in case something can be done or guidance offered before I spend too long on it. I’m trying to prepare final 2022 accounts for submission to our tax authorities, and have noticed that the 2022 trial balance is now incorrect because of how the clearing account now has a large balance.

I did try restoring business backups from earlier dates when I know the clearing account balance was zero, and those are now showing large balances too, so I think that means it has come from changes to the program and not anything I have done recently.

I am using Cloud edition, version 23.7.7.863.

(Perhaps this post would be more relevant to the topic about purchase invoice spot exchange rates, as the clearing account in question has debits and credits applied to it only from purchase invoices. Please could an administrator move it if appropriate?)