GST in Summary Accrual not Cash

Version 22.3.3
On the Summary the GST Payable is showing the Accrual value even though it is set to Cash basis.

GSTSUM

The Business Activity Statement is correct for Cash basis. It means there is a difference between what is shown on the Summary page and the Statement which makes it confusing and looks as if something is not correct elsewhere.

You have not illustrated your settings for the Summary page. Nor have you shown your BAS. Everything you have shown is in agreement.

No it’s not! (edit: Whoops, yes it is…)
The GST payable is 42.40, the Summary page shows 55.99. The difference of 13.59 (shown as ‘Cash basis adjustment’) is for purchases/sales invoices that have not been paid, which should not be considered when using Cash based accounting.

sumedit

edit: If I switch the Summary to accrual basis I get the following??

sumacc

sumaccrec

From what I can see your GST receivable based on accruals is $42.40 and after making the adjustment for cash basis accounting of $13.59 the GST receivable changes to $55.99. It looks correct to me but you are possibly looking at the cash basis adjustment in reverse. The transactions in the GST payable account should be read from the bottom up.

@Tut @tony
My appologies. Brain fart!
Just realised that the GST payable is a negative figure. Not used to having that :roll_eyes: :sleeping: :woozy_face:
Once again…Apologies for wasting forum space and members time.