Google Sheets integration

Hi All,

I need to automatically send new incoming data from Google Sheets into Manager. Very basic data: customer name, phone number, etc. At the moment I copy the data from Google Sheets and batch update it into Manager.

Just checking to see if anyone has previously done this through the Manager API / Google Scripts, or if there is any documentation on this. Otherwise, would it be best to get someone to do this for me?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks, Arty

3 Likes

I can’t recall anybody doing something like that. So I guess you should hire a freelancer.

Is there any information to doing this so far?

The API is up and running, moreover, it’s self documenting. The only thing here is that you need to push a request from your Google sheets.

To my understanding, Google sheets mainly uses python for scripting and recently @isotherm has contributed a python project for Manager API.

I think this should be a good place to start

I think Google Sheets scripts are actually written in JavaScript.

However, the Python module (specifically model.py) does provide more info than the self-documenting web interface, e.g. a full list of objects (beyond top-level ones) and also typing information.

You might even be able to automatically convert the pydantic model into Javascript. I found a converter from pydantic to typescript, which I guess you could then compile to Javascript. But it might be easier to just implement the objects you need.

1 Like