Freight-out

We publish books and dispatch orders to bookstore. How can I add freight-out on my invoice?
Thanks
Andries

In your Chart of Accounts, Create or Edit any account under the Expenses category called Freight-out.
read this guide on creating an account in chart of accounts Manager Cloud

then, when making a sales invoice, add a new line and select this newly created account and enter the charges against it.

Sounds like it a billable expense.

Only by 0 Add Line - one and entering the delivery fees as a separate Sales Invoice item, there is no automatic freight-out process.

You could under Settings > Non-Inventory Items create a freight-out item(s which you could then select under the Sales Invoice’s Item field on that added line.

@sharpdrivetek - Freight-out is an income item, delivery fees being charged to your customer. Freight-in is the expense, delivery fees being charged by your supplier.

1 Like

A billable expense is one paid to a third party by a business on behalf of a customer. Shipping charges are income invoiced to the customer. Billable expenses are passed through and never appear on your P&L.

ok :slight_smile:

Thank you Tut

Andries

Thanks for the info Brucanna, will try it out!

Thank you so much. Will definitely try it out and let you know!

Ansries

Hi Brucana

I create the freight-out item as you suggested and it works perfectly.

Hope you can help with this problem. We sell books to bookstores and
private buyers. Is there a way that I can create a separate data base
for Bookstores and one for Private Buyers?

Regards

Adriaan

Are you talking about separating the customers, the sales or having them in different businesses?

Hi Brucanna

If possible I would like have the bookstore orders and invoices
separated from the private buyers orders and invoices.

At the moment we are using an old version of MYOB 5 (1996) with a
Bookstore.dat file and a Private.dat file, but have problems printing in
Windows 7.

Appreciate your help!

Adriaan

Unfortunately there is not that natural (up front) separation. The only separation that Manager provides is around the Customers Accounts Receivable balances. On the Balance Sheet via control accounts you can separate the amount owing by bookshops V’s the amount owing by private buyers.

However, under Settings > Custom Fields you may be able to create an appropriate input field which can then be reported via a report - see following release notes

Thank you Brucanna

Your suggestion via a report seems to be the answer and I’ll give it a try.

Regards

Adriaan

No