Error in Depreciation Calculation Worksheet

manager io reports > Fixed Assets > Depreciation Calculation Worksheet

This is a helpful tool for calculating the fixed assets depreciation, and it is wonderful, but it contains an error, or perhaps mis understanding, as it calculates the depreciation of all fixed assets, including assets that are excluded (Disposed) and i think should only calculate active fixed assets.

In my test business, it doesn’t

You need to manage the transactions carefully when you dispose of a fixed asset

For example, was the asset sold?
What was the residual value at the date of disposal?
Was it depreciated up to the date of disposal?

You need to show the transactions in chronological order to back up your claim

Dispose of fixed assets | Manager
Calculate depreciation automatically | Manager

That may be your opinion, but applicability of the worksheet is quite limited and it functions properly only under very specific circumstances. The Guide, https://www.manager.io/guides/25021, has more Caution and Note statements than almost any other Guide in the index. Many (possibly most) very experienced Manager users find it does not meet their needs. Without question, it is difficult to use properly. What it does, however, it does correctly.

OK, but in order to Manager can calculate depreciation and generate new depreciation Entry automatically i think it will be better.

Manager does not initiate any transactions automatically. Nor would you want it to once you understood the implications. But when you use the depreciation worksheet properly, the depreciation entries are posted correctly during the process. You just need to practice using the worksheet in a test business to understand how to use it properly and grasp its limitations. Recreating the examples in the Guide is a good way to do that.