Entering past expenses as single transaction

I am loving your Manager accounting system - just perfect for my business.

A question though about expenses. I am migrating my current accounts (yes…still on spreadsheets!) to Manager, but don’t want to key all the employee expenses in from scratch. I really just want to enter a single entry into Manager, with 2 items. The amount without VAT, and the VAT value.

How would I do this, so the VAT is picked up on the VAT return?

Just add tax codes you need, see http://www.manager.io/guides/tax-codes/

Then enter those transactions with relevant tax codes.

The only thing you need to be aware is that if you are taking shortcuts by entering some sort of summary transaction instead of individual transactions, make sure to use correct dates.

For example, if you lodge VAT return quarterly, summarizing transaction should be entered as of the last day of the quarter and the amounts on transaction should be for the period of that quarter.

Then your figures will be correct when generating report for the quarter. If you need monthly reports, then you need to enter summarizing transaction at the end of each month and the amounts should be for the period of that month.

Thanks for the response. I think I will do the Expenses properly, and enter each item. Will take a while, but can do this over time.