Enter Credit Charges Properly & Pay Statement Balance

No I didn’t, that just your self created interpretation which you subsequently go on to self justify.

Yes it can

Joe Blow is working as an employee with his wages going into a bank account.
Joe Blow decides to start working for himself, using the same bank account.
The ownership of the bank account, Joe Blow, hasn’t changed just the source of income.

Yes, recorded in the fashion of a Starting Balance with the contra going to the Capital contribution Starting Balance. You can’t enter the opening bank account balance as a deposit transaction within the business as there is no corresponding transaction occurring at the bank itself. For the same reason you can’t have Journals posted to a bank account, there is no corresponding transaction occurring at the bank itself.

Not necessarily, just the asset usage and the recording of that usage has changed. No ownership or legal changes have occurred.

And Starting Balances being one of them. Partnerships are frequently created based on Starting Balance valuations as to a Partner’s contribution.

@Brucanna and @Tut–Thank you for taking the time to help me. I had hoped to get up and running by now before I leave on vacation. I will have to try to sort this all out when I return. Much appreciated!