Employee Wages, Loans and Savings

Hi

I’m having trouble with the following.

1. setting up control accounts for Loans made by employer to employees
  2. setting it up in payslip to allocate and keep track of loans made and payments deducted from weekly wages towards loans. When they then request a statement of said deductions towards loans I could print it out and they would be able to see progress of re-payment and compare with salary slips.
  3. setting up Savings Accounts to keep track of employees who requested savings to be deducted and cept - When they then request a statement of said savings I could print it out and they would be able to see savings and compare with salary slips.

Please read discussion at Payroll Related

Hi

1. setting up control accounts for Loans made by employer to employees
  2. setting it up in payslip to allocate and keep track of loans made and payments deducted from weekly wages towards loans. When they then request a statement of said deductions towards loans I could print it out and they would be able to see progress of re-payment and compare with salary slips.
  3. setting up Savings Accounts to keep track of employees who requested savings to be deducted and cept - When they then request a statement of said savings I could print it out and they would be able to see savings and compare with salary slips.
  4. I am still having dificulty to create our payslip that shows re-payment of loan and savings totals for employees

I would appreciate it if you could assist with a step-by-step process

Is this a Manager generated payslip? I am asking because there is mention of Opening and Closing balance while usually, a Payslip would just display what is expected to be paid and deducted.

I advised to look at Payroll related discussions, especially the further linked:

This Payslip is from Sage Payroll.

The employees are use to this layout and would only confuse them if it is now changed.

This hould be shown as employees need to know what is outstanding on their loans and wat the amount is that they have saved up - Opening and Closing balance while usually, a Payslip would just display what is expected to be paid and deducted

I understand your dilemma, but Sage Payroll is far more developed than Payroll in Manager. As such you could consider a standalone Payroll Manager or one that is part of a comprehensive HR package while using Manager for Accounting, or maybe keep using Sage as it is pretty powerful and can handle medium-size businesses very well.

If your thought processes are “I want to move away from Sage but I want my payslips to be exactly the same” this will not be possible, no matter which Payroll software you use

I think you underestimate your employees’ ability to make sense of another payslip - I am sure that most of them will be well able to read and understand the information on it