Email Templates

Hi

I’ve seem several posts about email templates but yet have not found any with all the info needed.

Is there anybody that has a template for sending customer statements with dynamic fields on the message body.

Like aged receivables or amount due, etc?

There are several examples for sending an invoice email but none of those fields work for customer statements…

I would appreciate any help…

(A detailed documentation on the subject would help make this software even more widely adopted / user-friendly)

PD. Remember this is a software for accountants and business owners not for Software developers…

Most of the fields and arrays exposed in themes are available for email templates like:

• {{title}}
  • {{reference}}
  • {{recepient}} array
  • {{fields}} array
  • {{totals}} array

These should get you started with a decent template and from there you can start experimenting with other fields.

This doesn seem to do nothing…

Or either I aint using them correctly.

Then post what you want to accomplish and your best try (as indicated as a requirement in the FAQ) so maybe some users can have a look at it and try to help.

1 Like

I want to be able to refernece a customer name stored on a custom field…

Example:

Billing contact name and billing contact email…

Also want to be able to send emails according customer stored information…

Quotes sent to: buying_contact
Invoices to: Billing_contact
Delivery notes to: Shipping_contact

need to reference aged days on aged receivable email statement. and reference a invoice numbers aged on that email body.

You missed the part of @Mark’s message about posting your best try. Without that, you are just asking others to do your work for you. And that is against our rules.

1 Like

Well how about this…

Just do me a favor, tell me how to reach software support…

I am a paying customer and I shouldn’t be asking other user you are right about that…

Ho do I get in contact with customer support, (I did not find a way on Manager website)

Customization isn’t part of support. That’s a market standard.

Yes, Manager provides you with all the tools necessary to do the customization but those tools don’t come bundled with free courses.

Please refer to the Community Guidelines (FAQ) and the Terms of Service for more information on what is and what’s not included.

Aside from that, if you want to develop your own themes and email templates, you should know that they’re written in HTML and Liquid templating language.

Here’s some additional resources to get you started:

For the complete list of available variables, you check out the Plain theme or any of the other themes that come installed by default. All the variables are used there.

Together with the resources listed, that’s about everything you need to create a custom theme or email template. Other forum members will be pleased to help you fix any problems you face along the way.

At FAQ - Manager Forum that @Ealfardan directed you to it states that:

This Forum is one of two primary sources of help on how to use Manager accounting software. The other is a set of Guides

There is no other support. The programmer @lubos participates actively and responds through this forum as do the moderators such as @Ealfardan and other users such as I that have an interest in learning and helping others. You will notice that often responses related to customizations, themes and apis are referred to maybe needing to hire a programmer to help you as this is not within the services provided by Manager. If you have payment problems or similar you could use the private message service of this forum to @Lubos.

1 Like

Back to the original post, there’s a part that could be answered, namely:

1. Aged receivable schedule
You can simply copy the following code from the Plain theme lines 58 to 63 and put them inside a <table> tag:

<table>
    <!-- Plain theme fragement starts -->
    {% for total in table.totals %}
        <tr>
            <td colspan="{{ table.columns | size | minus:1 }}" style="text-align: end; padding: 5px 10px{% if total.emphasis == true %}; font-weight: bold{% endif %}">{{ total.label }}</td>
            <td style="border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #000; border-right-width: 1px; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: #000; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-bottom-style: solid; padding: 5px 10px{% if total.emphasis == true %}; font-weight: bold{% endif %}">{{ total.text }}</td>
        </tr>
    {% endfor %}
    <!-- Plain theme fragement ends -->
</table>

You can reformat the table to your liking using HTML.

2. Amount due
Use the following code fragment

{% for total in table.totals %}
    {% if total.label == 'Total' %}
        {{ total.text }}
    {% endif %}
{% endfor %}