Doesn't appear the monthly depreciation

I have checked on this:
Accumlated Depreciation expenses - Manager Forum

in this section:

click on the blue number for that asset under Accumulated Depreciation in the Fixed Assets register. Click New Depreciation Entry and proceed as normal.

But in mine, doesn’t appear the monthly depreciation as the example in this:
Depreciate fixed assets | Manager

Here the screeshot:
depre1

Is there something I have missed?
Just update to 21.11.7.

Please enlightment me.
Thank you.

this is a six year old topic which might be irrelevant now.

you have entered only one depreciation entry which is clearly shown as per your screenshot.

if you are asking something else then please explain your problem clearly so that we can understand better.

example in Depreciate fixed assets | Manager:

New fix asset: packing machine
cost 10.500
It has an expected lifetime of 10 years and is being depreciated monthly. Monthly depreciation is calculated using the straight-line method:

10,500 cost / 120 months = 87.50 / month

First:
I don’t see A complete record of depreciation for the asset by clicking on the blue Depreciation balance for an asset. See my first post image.

Second:
After entry fixed asset and depreciation, I want Manager to automatically journal monthly between the expenses and the accumulation depreciation.
So that I don’t have to entry those journals every month.

This is not possible

If you use the Depreciation Account in manager, then you can not use them in journal entries, recurring or otherwise

And if you use your own depreciation accounts, then Manager does not associate ythem with your fixed assets

• calculate the depreciation for a month (yearly/12)

• create a depreciation schedule with all of your items being depreciated by monthly straight line depreciation.

• duplicate it and change the date by 1 month

• repeat 12 times each year.

@Joe91 is right.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that except:

• repeat 12 times each year

That’s 120 entries per asset – for those of you who keep track. Multiply that by 100 assets and it’s 12k entries for a small fixed asset list.

Recurring entries would be a perfect tool for this job.

No it is 12 depreciation schedule clones for all 100 items for the year.

Yes, multiplied by 10 years for the useful life of the asset.

Or let’s say 5 years. That’s still 6k entries.

You can call me lazy, but wouldn’t be wonderful to just click on the yellow banner and then on Batch Create and you’re done with it?

Although I wonder why depreciation has to be calculated on a monthly basis rather than annually, I fully agree that recurring entries would be of great help.

The depreciation schedule consistent of 100 assets.
Clone this depreciation schedule not a depreciation table with one asset in it.

Sorry, I just stormed the discussion and started talking about something else. :sweat_smile:

Each asset would have it’s own reccuring depreciation entry, so if you have 100 assets in your schedule,you need 100 recurring depreciation entries. That’s still 5.9k less manual entries.

Yep
All in one depreciation table.
Clone it once and you have created the depreciation entries for all 100 assets (monthly depreciation is constant for each asset given straight line depreciation)

Total table clones for 100 fixed assets for one year
Is 12
Not 12 x 100

Wouldn’t that link the asset with depreciation entries of other assets as well?

Suppose I wanted to delete an asset for some reason. I can’t just simply delete all of it’s children entries because other assets are included in them as well. I would have to manually edit the asset to be deleted from all schedules referencing it.

In my case, I work with many businesses and it’s possible for an assets to be entered in a wrong business and remain there for months before it gets caught. So I have to worry about corrections.

Also, a recurring schedule varies more from one month to another compared to a single depreciation entry – where only the first and last entry are different from all the others. So you would have to go through the entire schedule every time before posting.

I also agree, but people want what people want. Plus some businesses pay dividends quarterly or even monthly, so they want their books closed more often than once per year.

I practice

• I call the depreciation table “Straight line depreciation”
  • clone it when I’m doing the books for that period.
  • add or delete any assets bought or sold during that period.
  • Repeat the above next period. At that time I clone the most recent so only changes for that period need be added.

As a result changes need only be done once, which is the minimum for any scheme.

1 Like