Debit and credit note

We make sales to our customer with invoice. If any good is found rejected they will give debit note against that invoice. How to enter the debit note in my tally . While i get payment for my sales the debit note amount will be deducted and paid by our customers. should i have to make the debit notes issued by my customer as credit note in my tally.? Please reply

Your customer should not be sending you anything beyond notification that a good is rejected. You are the one who should issue a credit note to reduce the amount the customer owes you. Debit notes are how you enter credit notes your suppliers send you. See this Guide: https://guides.manager.io/7425.

Your customers debit note is their formal “notification that a good is rejected” and their request for a credit against the Sales Invoice, and gives you the basis to create your credit note. A debit note enables a customer to keep their accounting up to date, without the need to maintain a separate register of credits notes ‘not yet received’.

Thanks for the responses. Solved the problem which araised in bills receivable due to this debit notes…