[16.5.32] Added ability to create custom control accounts for cash accounts

@Jon, custom control accounts are still work in progress. It’s what I’m currently working on.

Glad to hear. It seems from what others posted above that they’ve been able to create custom control asset accounts already, but I can’t do it. I guess the latest version doesn’t allow it for the moment, while you continue to work on adding to the new feature. Thanks. I’ll sit tight.

You can do it for Cash Accounts only at the moment. You can’t have custom control account for billable time yet.

@jon - the example above was created by using COA New Group - merely as a way of illustrating:
“With the Custom Control account tiers being created by a similar method used to create COA Groups”

I still can’t seem to create any sub-accounts under my new cash custom control account. See my screenshots above. I created a new account and ticked the Control account box, but then when I try to create a new cash account, there’s no apparent way to put the new account under my new custom control account. What am I doing wrong?

@Jon create cash account under the Cash Accounts tab, you will see a field where you you choose the control account of choice. You won’t get to select the control account in chart of accounts, I think ability to place an account created in chart of account into a control account will come later

Thank you, @abeiku. That’s the answer. I was trying to create my new account in the Settings tab, via Chart of Accounts. I hadn’t thought to try to do it in the Cash Accounts tab.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Report on single income account