V18 to V20 doesn't read V18 backups

I’ve been using Manager 18.7.72 on A Macbook pro 2011.
Yesterday i backed up to a folder on my desktop, I kept various backups as i was
resolving issues in my accounting.
I just installed version 20.2.27 and it does not open my backups, I get this message.
The document “Keith Hutchinson (2018-03-01) (2020-03-02)-V1.manager” could not be opened. Manager cannot open files of this type
So I tried to go back to Version 18 and it can’t do that because version 20 has changed things???
I get this message:
The document “Keith Hutchinson (2018-03-01) (2020-03-02)-V1.manager” could not be opened. Manager cannot open files of this type
Where is the FILE that Manager opens when u click the App icon.?
I have worked so hard to get my accounting right and now I’m only able to open and earlier copy which is the one I started with…so I’ve lost all the work I did yesterday.
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

this might be because of the changes in database structure adopted by Manager since your last used version of Manager which is almost two years old.
please send your backup file to lubos@manager.io and he might be able to resolve the issue.

Thanks, I’ve sent the file to lubos

Keith

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I update Manager probably about once a month though, so my previous version wasn’t 2 years old. If anything comes of this please let me know.

Also @hutchk if it’s any help, I am able to open Manager and ‘Import Business’, so if it is the same issue, you can still access your data in that way.

Hi Sheldon,

Thank you, that worked. I imported the file that I had saved to a folder on my desktop.
You save me quite a bit of work.
All the best
Keith