Starting Balances - request for feature upgrade

Hi
I’m presently setting up 4 new Companies in Manager. (Or rather moving over 4 existing companies into Manager.) When doing so, I obviously need to enter my starting balances in the various Balance Sheet accounts I need to use.

This prompted me to propose a minor feature upgrade;

• I have noted that each Starting Balance is stored in a similar way like a normal transaction in the system. I thus suggest that it should be possible to add some “descriptive notes” for this Balance. Presently you can only add a total balance and there is no way to actually describe what this consist of. If you need to review things at a later date, you need to go back to whatever other system or manual records you may have.

• A great feature would be to be able to include the “Attachment” feature for each “Starting Balance”. You can then easily attache whatever report from a previous accounting system (or manual record) that you may have that describe this balance.

Cheers
A

Can I suggest that from your previous system, print off the final balance sheet and attach to it a reconciliation of each account explaining the reason behind the make up of the balance.

If these document - balance sheet & reconciliation - are saved in a suitable format then they can be included within the Attachments feature

Yes…
That’s exactly why it would be excellent to have the “Attachement” button available for each “Starting balance” transaction entry…!