DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Sales Invoice // Missing VAT Rate

Hi there

I am hoping you can tell me what I have done wrong with my Sales Invoice custom theme.

Each of the three items in the invoice below are to have VAT applied at 20%. I am expecting the VAT rate to come through for each item, but as you can see from the screenshot above, this is not happening.

Any guidance upon what I am doing wrong/what configuration setting I need to make will be gratefully received.

many thanks

Clare

This is not a coding forum. Users are responsible for performance of their own custom themes.

This effect also happens on standard invoices (non- custom theme) when all lines are tax inclusive the tax rate is not included in the line items. If there are lines that are both tax inclusive and lines that do not attract tax then the rate is included in the line items. This complies with Australian GST regulations but may not be compliant in other jurisdictions.

Correction - When all lines have the same tax rate (not tax inclusive), then the tax rate is not included with the line item. If the line items have different tax rates (including zero rate) then the applicable rates are shown as per line item.

Thanks @Brucanna for clarifying that point. In fact the tax code is shown per line item when there are lines with different codes (including when one line has no code and the other has a zero rate code). If all lines have the same tax code with a rate above zero then the tax code is not shown per line but in the summary next to the total tax. If all lines have the same zero rate tax code then the tax code is also shown per line, without any summary. If all lines have no tax code then there is no reference to tax at all on the invoice. Also, note that the invoice heading alternates between “Tax Invoice” (when there is an amount for tax) and just “Invoice” when there is a zero amount of tax.

This only happens for jurisdictions where the Tax Invoice heading is known to be a requirement, not for all tax codes.