Manufacturing or assembling new inventory items

If you purchase raw materials to be used in the manufacture of finished goods, manufacturing orders can be used to record this process.

Production orders allows you to record one or more raw material inventory items used to produce an item of finished goods. For example, manufacturing fruit juices requires fruits, bottles and lids purchased from suppliers as inventory items. These inventory items can be converted into finished products such as fruit juice bottles which are sold to customers.

To record a manufacturing order:

1. Go to Production Orders tab.
  2. Click New Production Order button.
  3. Enter date and description.
  4. Enter the quantity and inventory item to be produced.
  5. Enter the quantity and inventory items to be used for production. If there are more inventory items, use the New line button to add more line items.
  6. Click the Create button to save the transaction.

When you go to the Inventory Items tab, you will see the quantity of your manufactured inventory item has increased while the quantity of input items have decreased by the quantities included in the manufacturing order.

Hi There, I am using your software and quite happy with performance . Where as I have a small query, while I post manufacturing inventory , as bill of material per item is fixed (unless changed intentional), Is there any way where system automatically calculates amount of goods consumed to produce qty of finished products submitted.

Did you read the first post in this topic? Your question sounds like you are asking exactly what is already answered there. If not, can you please provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

@Aaviva - read here, storing BOM is discussed from the middle on

Hi Tut,

I guess in first post here , it asks us to post qty of RM & ingredients consumed for producing qty of finished products . Here my question was , as ingredients remain same , after entering qty of finished products , ingredients consumed should be calculated automatically …Is it possible

I don’t see any question in your post that is not answered by the opening post in the thread. You are going to have to be more specific.

As detailed in the attached link - currently it is not possible to store a Bill of Materials for a particular finished good and then have an automatic calculation of the raw materials used, but it is a proposed future improvement.

Currently, if you are producing the identical amount of finished goods each time you can Clone a previous Production Order so re-entry of raw materials is not required - click on View

Ok Got it …will wait for that proposed improvement

Thanks for suggestion of using clone