Is Manager ready for single touch payroll 1st July

@aha, this is a bug. I will fix it today.

1 Like

@lubos @Patch
I have moved to this thread, The issue I had was if both YTD and Pay Period were the same which in my case they are. I changed the YTD period by a day and I now have results. Awesome!
I changed the date back and it is still happy so I am not sure now. I did restart manager inbetween.

Ok folks hopefully the brains trust can help me again

I went to load up my STP report to Singletouch and got the following errors.

‘Other allowance’ fields mismatch. You are missing an ‘Other allowance description’ or ‘Other allowance value’ field
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 2
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 3
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 4
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 5
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 6
Missing ‘Suburb’ on row 7

I have double checked and installed the latest manager release 19.7.0 and the latest STP localization.

You have a look at the csv and the suburbs are under “address 2” and not the column “suburb”- I tried adding a line in the address field between the street and the suburb - But that didn’t seem to work.

No idea what the first error is about.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@Tom, I need to add more error checking to the report itself so you can fix issues before exporting file.

In this case, Employee has generic Address field which report is trying to extract information into individual columns such as postcode, state, suburb etc.

Your address for employees must be in format:

Address line 1
Address line 2 (optional)
Suburb State Postcode

In other words, Suburb must be on the last line of address before state and post code. E.g. Sydney NSW 2000

1 Like

@lubos Thanks for the information which corrected the address problem.

Inserting a column “Other allowance 1 description” next to the “Other allowance 1 value” column (with “0” values) fixed the other problem.

No doubt that will be a bug fix at some stage?
Thanks

Yeah, I think the report doesn’t handle Other allowance column properly yet. This will be fixed so it pulls payslip item name into Other allowance 1 description column.

Thanks folks that worked well.

The address and the additional column solved the errors.
Cheers.

The latest “Single Touch Payroll Worksheet.json” has changed

"DropdownValues": "F — Full-time\nP — Part-time\nC — Casual\nL — Labour Hire\nS — Pension or Annuity"

To

"DropdownValues": "F — Full-time\nP — Part-time\nC — Casual\nL — Labour Hire\nS — Pension or Annuity"

Was this intentional?
I suspect an extended character set conversion problem. I’m looking at it using Windows 7 which may be an issue.

@Patch, this was a bug at our end. When you view Single Touch Payroll Worksheet report, there is a Check for updates at the bottom of the report. Click it and it will fix this issue.

1 Like

@lubos
For some reason, my STP reports do not work. I have installed the latest version (19.9.35), reinstalled the STP update and it still does the same thing.

I get the Single Touch Payroll Worksheet option but the report I get back is labelled ‘Payslip Item per Item and Employee’

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cap

Hi again @lubos
I have just reinstalled the STP update and it is still the same.
My reports list shows this:
When I click on STP Worksheet, I apparently get directed to the Payslip Totals for Items and Employees page despite the breadcrumbs saying otherwise.
I hope this gives you some further idea of my predicament.
Many thanks
@Captain_Grogan

The report needs 2 date ranges (see Is Manager ready for single touch payroll 1st July - #16 by lubos)

• The fist is for the current pay period

• The second is for the year to date totals ie 1/07/2019 to end current payroll period (click on “Add comparative column”)

@Patch
Hi. I did that on an earlier one and it didn’t work either. The sample I copied was just done quickly to show the pages I get

@patch

I will do it now using the comparative and send you the screen shots if you wish.

@Patch
Hi again. I just tried with comparative and received this back:

Thanks for trying, @patch. I will await some advice from @lubos

UPDATE four hours later:
Being new to the forum I am limited to three replies so I have to write here. It seems I have to generate the report, this then generates the Total Items page. Then I have to exit, then go back to reports and select View and there is the STP result. If this is the way it is supposed to work, then so be it. Seems a bit messy if that’s intentional.
Not being critical though. Love your work. Been a user for three years. Great.

Looks like it’s broken.
Lubos was intending to change how localisations were done which would risk breaking old localisations.
You could try reinstalling the current localisation from https://www.manager.io/localizations/au/
Failing that I suspect you will have to wait for Lubos to fix it. Not near my normal computer atm so can’t test more for you.

Just checked again,

• When viewing the single touch payroll localisation the first time; it displays the untransformed report (ie Payslip Totals per item and Employee).

• After entering a valid payslip and on later occasions it works correctly.

So yes the first time it’s confusing, but works smoothly there after.

A post was split to a new topic: Vendor list option

Employee information needs to be entered carefully in particular

• Do not put a comma “,” in the address eg “Sydney, NSW 2000” doing so corrupts the labeling of subsequent parameters for that employee when the STP report is generated.

• Do not leave a blank address for an employee, the address of the previous employee will be used.

Also pay and report all employees on the same day. Because as far as I can tell, it isn’t possible to report only some of your employees (eg paying per fortnight but half of the employees pay period starting on a different week).