DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Invoice PDF not showing correct

Hi.

I have a problem when i’m creating an PDF from an invoice.
On mypc it is all showing up correct. See image below.

When I save the invoice as an PDF everything is gone. The only things that are showing is the date and invoice number.
See below;

Another strange thing; when I print my Invoice, the blue bar with the invoice number in it isn’t printer. My blue cartridge isn’t empty because all the other thing are showing up nicely.

Please help!
(I’m using latest version of Manager)

I did some more research. When I email the PDF I can open it without any problems.
When I print the pdf that I’ve received through email, all the colours are showing up fine.

Save button is working properly on reports only. More complex documents such as invoices are not yet supported but it’s something I’m going to get done this month.

Until then, you need to use Email or Print buttons.

Saving invoices as PDF is a work in progress and isn’t fully implemented yet, hence the problems.

Re the colours when printing, go into Internet Explorer and set the printing properties to include background colours (File > Page Setup > Print background colours and images). This should solve the problem back in Manager since it uses the IE engine for display and printing.

Aah, I did not know that. I will change the IE settings.
Thanks! And will use the workaround if I have to print a PDF.
Thanks!

As you probably know … The Server Edition reports this the moment you hit save button:

Internal Error
Sorry, something went wrong.
Please report this error to bugs@manager.io.If possible, please attach your Manager backup file so we can reproduce this problem internally.
Also, please include the following information in your error report:
**15.3.49 (Server)System**.
IO.IOException: The document has no pages.

at iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfPages.WritePageTree () [0x00000] in :0 
  at iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfWriter.Close () [0x00000] in :0 
  at iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfDocument.Close () [0x00000] in :0 
  at iTextSharp.text.Document.Close () [0x00000] in :0 
  at ManagerServer.PdfConverter.GetPdf (System.String html) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ManagerServer.HttpApplication.ProcessRequest (HttpFramework.HttpRequest request) [0x00000] in :0

I emailed it to myself and it worked I just saved the PDF from the email

I had the same issue, but I have found a workaround. Once you complete the invoice, right-click on the invoice and click Print Preview. From here, you can select the printer of choice and print.

I prefer to print to PDF and then send via email. this workaround works great for me. Hope this helps.