GST Worksheet not reflecting correctly

@novica I don’t fully understand this topic and exactly what transactions are affected. But my understanding is that 99% of the entries in Manager are not affected - regardless of which method Manager is using. The reason being that most sales are credits and most purchases are debits and likewise those same entries on sales invoice are sales and those same entries on a purchase invoice are purchases.

The problem has been very specific entries where a supplier is a customer or vice versa as well and/or something about levies as well as negative sales and negative purchases (basically when you refund I presume?). Neither of these are relevant to nearly all entries in Manager for most businesses.

So I speak under correction, but I believe that nothing will change for most users. But I am not entirely clear on this point as so many of the examples raised are not examples of accounting that I would ever use. I don’t really understand the difference between financial and tax reporting which seems to be the cause of all the problems.

So I am admittedly unclear as to whether these changes will affect most users or not, but my impression is no based on what I have read and understood. Not being a charted accountant myself I can’t say for sure though.

What I believe is proposed is that Manager will continue to use a single tax code for the vast majority of transactions and add additional (but not double) tax codes for those specific entries which seem to require a different approach. Although how end users like myself will know which entries fall into this category is way above my understanding. So I would have to rely on my accountant for that support.