Grouping of Custom Fields

I would Like to Suggest @lubos, to Add Grouping of Custom Fields.
Let’s Take A Example:-
Grouping of Custom Fields Are Already Present in Localization Created Custom Fields-
See:-
Here You Can See That Custom Fields Are Grouped Under The Name of INDIA.
I Suggest to Extend This Feature to User Made Custom Fields Also.

I Would Also Like to Link This With A Topic Already Present in #ideas Category- Custom Field as a Checkbox

Checkbox Need To Be Introduced at the level of Group of Custom Fields As Well as At the Level of Each Custom Field Also.

I would Like to Know Views of @Tut , @Ealfardan , @eko , @sharpdrivetek , @Patch , @Ehab And @allothermenbers of the Forum on my Idea.

My view is that this is a needless complexity. You can already control the order of custom fields using the Position field. You have made no use case justifying your suggestion.

Here is My Practical cases Justifying my Suggestion:-
Case-1:-
Consider A company Selling Producing Goods And Selling Them To various Wholesale And retail Customers.
Company Maintains CRM Records For Wholesale Customers ( Records Data Using Custom Fields) But Don’t Want to Maintain For Retail Customers.
Another Custom Fields Are To Be Filled For Every Customer .
So, if Custom Fields Are Grouped As CRM And Other Appropriate Names and Available as a checkbox. then When creating Wholesale Customer Then it Checks the CRM Checkbox And Fill All The Details And for retail Customer CRM Checkbox is remained Unchecked And Details Are Not filled.

Note- It Is Already Possible to leave Custom Fields Blank. yes, this Works if custom fields are in small number ( like 5-10 ). but if Custom Fields are more ( like 20-30 ) Then if we want to fill only last Few Fields then we have to scroll down And then fill the needed fields. but if Groups are created then \we just check the Required group and the Fields Appeared and get filled.

Case-2:- Consider The Same Company, there is Many types of custom fields for inventory items Also Like Categorization of Inventory Related Fields , specifications of Inventory Related Fields , Quantity Related Fields ( EOQ , Minimum Level , Maximum Level , etc ) , Etc.
These Need To be Grouped According to the Above Groups. There Are many Items Which are sold Only Few times a Year, For These Items There is no need to Maintain Quantity Related Fields.

Note- It Is Already Possible to leave Custom Fields Blank. yes, this Works if custom fields are in small number ( like 5-10 ). but if Custom Fields are more ( like 20-30 ) Then if we want to fill only last Few Fields then we have to scroll down And then fill the needed fields. but if Groups are created then \we just check the Required group and the Fields Appeared and get filled.
These are Only Few case studies Which i am giving here. but there may be many more case studies for this . i would like to request you to Transfer This to #ideas Category.

For your Case 1: Manager is not intended or advertised as a CRM system. Adding complexity to custom fields will not turn it into one.

For Case 2: What you call “Inventory Related Fields” are filled in once. If they change, you probably need a new inventory item, not a bunch of checkboxes and magically appearing fields. And I do not see that the frequency of sale has anything to do with whether your “Quantity Related Fields” should or should not be visible.

All of this sounds like adding complexity with no benefit. Whether it can be done is irrelevant. The question is whether it adds functionality to the program. I do not see how it does.

You Completely Misunderstood What I Want to say:-
For case 1- yes, manager is not a CRM. But Company Has Its CRM Software For This But Reference of Customers From CRM Software Must Be recorded. in customers.

For Case 2:-

I Don’t Mean to Change the data of custom fields but want to say that These are Fields are not to be filled for all items but Only filled in case of Regularly Sold Items Only…

Quantity Related Fields Does Not Store Any Information Relating To Sales Of that Item. but it contains Some Imp Information of Inventory Stock levels Like Minimum And Maximum Level Only.
Again These Fields are not to be filled for all items but Only filled in case of Regularly Sold Items Only…

So. I want to say that These Custom Fields Are Not used For Many Items. So. if checkbox is present then it would be easier to fill data rather to scroll down to infinity to fill only req data.

I would like to invite all users of the forum to present their views on my idea.