Exporting all customer fields like Vat, fax number etc

I would like to know the way I can export all the customer data including vat numbers, fax and others so that I can import them to a new business that I have created.

Not through user interface, only through API.

I’m planning to add ability to customize columns which should be shown on screen, this way you will be able to tick all the columns to show, then clicking Export button will export all information.

5 Likes

Good morning,

I love your program. Thank you.

I am also inquiring about transferring all customers to a new business as I will be doing this every year.
We have many repeat customers and some new ones and would like to transfer my customers from my 2015 business to my 2016 business.

As I am using a new business every year for tax purposes, and to know my revenue for each year.

Thank you.

There is no need to do this. Manager is a perpetual accounting program. All asset, liability, and equity accounts just carry over. And reports are set up to show opening balances, changes, and closing balances. All income and expense accounts can be effectively zeroed out by changing the period on the Summary page with the Set Period button. Old records are preserved, but are not included in the current period calculation.

Also, you can simply create reports, such as Profit and Loss, for different periods. You can have as many as you want.

A mass delete option in the payments tab and in the invoice tab, like the one in the warehouse, would be great.
What seems to be the need here, is that many want to delete last year for tax reasons, i.e. if they have done a mistake this could cost them a fortune, allthough they are not obligated by the law to have a program to run the transactions, they use it for their own need and in a high risk.

I still don’t understand why deleting previous accounting period for tax reasons would be desirable.

Why go through the hassle of setting up starting balances for everything if you can just continue using one business file for many years? And have all business history with all customers, suppliers etc. in one place.

This post is maybe old but what happened to that idea?? Because that will be a killer solution to many problems…

I’m planning to add ability to customize columns which should be shown on screen, this way you will be able to tick all the columns to show, then clicking Export button will export all information.