Enable multiple currencies

If your business has accounts in multiple currencies, the first step to enabling multi-currency is to set your base currency. Go to the Settings tab, then click Base Currency.

Once you set your base currency, all your existing accounts will be set to the denominated base currency. When you edit your existing accounts or create new accounts, you will have the option to select the currency the account should be denominated under.

Currently it’s possible to set foreign currency for following accounts:

• Bank accounts
  • Cash accounts
  • Customers
  • Suppliers
  • Employees
  • General ledger accounts

Most transactions will adopt the currency applicable to the account they relate to. For example, when you set the foreign currency of a customer, all their invoices, credit notes and quotes will be denominated in that foreign currency.

Some transactions such as journal entries or expense claims allow you to specify the foreign currency on a transaction level. For example under expense claims, this is useful when an employee is reimbursed in the base currency but the expense was incurred under a foreign currency.

1 Like

I’m working on a Business located in Europe, therefore, the base currency is Euro. This business has also transactions in Colombia (including bank transactions).

I’m trying to build the cash flow for those transactions in Colombian Pesos, but the predefined report just show all values converted into base currency.

Is it possible (or is it plan to be possible) to run reports in an specific currency?

Yeah, almost all reports are in base currency. What specific report you need in foreign currency?

That would be the Cash Summary.

Not just to show the report in foreign currency, but it also would be useful to be to ‘filter’ to those transactions associated to an specific Tracking Code.

In my case, that would be, a Cash Summary for the Tracking Code ‘CO - Colombia’, for example. And if I’d be able to report it in Colombian Pesos, it would be perfect. :smiley:

Anyway, it would be great if you consider ir for future releases.