Disposed Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets Still Show on Balance Sheet

@Tut When you sell or otherwise dispose of the asset, it is standard practice to remove the accumulated depreciation at the same time. Otherwise, an unusually large amount of accumulated depreciation will build up on the balance sheet over time. I’ve never actually heard of keeping the Accumulated Depreciation of a disposed asset on the Balance Sheet. A few references are Accounting Coach and Accounting Tools.

I made this post after I reviewed another post where @lubos said “… mark that asset as Disposed so the asset book value will be deducted from balance sheet…”

Additionally, the Fixed Assets Guide states that clicking the Disposed fixed asset box “will transfer the book value of an asset to the Loss on disposal expense account and the book value on the balance sheet will be reduced to zero.”

Has the developer changed the way the software functions since this time? If so, is there another method to reduce Fixed/Intangible Assets and Accumulated Depreciation/Amortization to zero when removing disposed assets so it doesn’t lead to such a stuffed Balance Sheet?