Desktop Edition crashes on mouse-out

Hi,

I love your application. Well most of it :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to report an issue. I am not sure if it is a bug in manager or if it is a side effect on my platform.

I could not find other reports on this issue.

I use the latest version of the desktop edition. I experienced the issue on previous versions and tried updating to check if the issue is still there, which it is.

ISSUE:
The application crashes / closes with no errors. I didn’t find any entries in /var/log/syslog. If you need me to provide information from other logs or anything, just let me know.

HOW TO REPRODUCE:
Move the mouse to a link on the page and press left mouse button. Keep the left mouse button pressed and then move the pointer away from the link, so you get a onclick → mouseout event. The application will immediately close / crash.

PLATFORM & VERSION:
Manager Desktop Edition
Version: ? - 19.2.22
Platform: Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon
uname -a:
Linux pete 4.20.13-042013-generic #201902270533 SMP Wed Feb 27 10:35:20 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Edit: I use Linux Mint 19.1 and not 19.2. My time machine seems to be out of order too

I never had any successful run the manager in linux mint normal way. because of mono issue. Have you tried install mono (ubuntu) before install manager using .deb file?

I have installed manager the normal way by simply using the .deb file, and except for the issue mentioned in this thread, I’ve had no problems.

I have recently installed mono (a year after installing and running manager) for other reasons and don’t think that is related to this issue.

What problems have you been facing?

The problem I had, is the .deb file stopped installing half way where it relates to mono dependency.

I have ended up manually install mono and manager server edition separately, then execute auto start script via terminal…

Not as if I use linux long enough. Long and short ended up. set up a headless server with webgui using Open Media Vault and return to windows for my workstation task.

Did you initially try to install the desktop edition and then ended up with the server edition?

My issue is with the desktop client. I don’t think it relates to mono or possibly not even manager itself, but rather the underlying engine/framework (electron or whatever it is), for what it is worth.

Well tried installing the desktop edition without success. As alternative installed the server edition.

Mono is one of dependencies that replace .net framework that was used in windows. It does relate.

I’m suggesting in case there is a way to solve it without waiting for developer to attend your issue. Currently the issue does not limit to linux it is happening to some windows user as well.

I appreciate your suggestions.

I can get by as long as I don’t click and drag links, which only has happened when I become distracted, so it’s really just a minor nuisance.

I just wanted to report the issue so the developers could ponder whether to shrug their shoulders or check if something could be causing this or other issues.

1 Like

Hi bumping this topic since I can confirm an application crash on mouse event and I have crash event information. Also tagging @Tut since he often seems to have a look at bugs :slight_smile:

Manager version: 19.5.15

Reproduction path:

1. Start Manager
  2. Select some text using the mouse.
  3. If it has not yet crashed repeat step 2.

It will only take two tries and it is a big nuisance when you want to select some rows in an export screen.

Crash information:

Sometimes the line: Memory pressure relief: Total: res = 39936000/38871040/-1064960, res+swap = 35766272/35766272/0

And always the following crash report:
Marshaling drag-data-get signal Exception in Gtk# callback delegate Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to handle the exception. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Eto.GtkSharp.Forms.GtkControl3+GtkControlConnector[TControl,TWidget,TCallback].HandleDragDataGet (System.Object o, Gtk.DragDataGetArgs args) [0x00012] in <4877835f8e884fcbb44cf6b8e20e7bc1>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object,System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00044] in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0005f] in :0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object parameters) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object args) [0x0010d] in :0
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object args) [0x0000b] in :0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object args) [0x00000] in :0
at GLib.Signal.ClosureInvokedCB (System.Object o, GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x0003e] in <4585e411a46b451eac14ce4f86025668>:0
at GLib.SignalClosure.Invoke (GLib.ClosureInvokedArgs args) [0x00011] in <4585e411a46b451eac14ce4f86025668>:0
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (System.IntPtr raw_closure, System.IntPtr return_val, System.UInt32 n_param_vals, System.IntPtr param_values, System.IntPtr invocation_hint, System.IntPtr marshal_data) [0x0014e] in <4585e411a46b451eac14ce4f86025668>:0
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException (System.Exception e, System.Boolean is_terminal) [0x00000] in <4585e411a46b451eac14ce4f86025668>:0
at GLib.SignalClosure.MarshalCallback (System.IntPtr raw_closure, System.IntPtr return_val, System.UInt32 n_param_vals, System.IntPtr param_values, System.IntPtr invocation_hint, System.IntPtr marshal_data) [0x00000] in <4585e411a46b451eac14ce4f86025668>:0
at Gtk.Application.gtk_main () [0x00000] in :0
at Gtk.Application.Run () [0x00000] in :0
at Eto.GtkSharp.Forms.ApplicationHandler.Run () [0x00000] in <4877835f8e884fcbb44cf6b8e20e7bc1>:0
at Eto.Forms.Application.Run (Eto.Forms.Form mainForm) [0x00000] in <6db481985cca4510b36c8dbd12852b82>:0
at ManagerDesktop.Program.Main (System.String args) [0x00000] in :0`

I cannot reproduce this. But I’m a Mac user. This is something @lubos would have to look at.

Going to add some extra information. The following is what I see happening and hopefully this helps to resolve the issue.

The crash seems to happen when no text or when space between text colums is selected. Or additional text. So for example in the export screen when you drag select text and move to another column. I guess that is why there is a null pointer reference error.

The odd thing is that, although there was no chance to copy selected text into the system clipboard, the clipboard is cleared when the application crashes.

Sorry for necroing the thread.

Just wanted to note that the issue has been resolved.

Out of curiousity I tried to repeat the steps that led to a crash. I am no longer able to cause Manager to crash this way.

So this thread can be closed.

Whether the fix was done by you guys or some underlying framework, I really appreciate your efforts.

As it so happens I found another possible new occurrence of this issue. When using the send invoice as email button the send mail window appears. When clicking outside of that window the action is cancelled / the window closes.

This might be as designed, but was unexpected.

This is expected behavior. The pop-up mail window closes only when you click on the main Manager window, in other words, when you indicate you want to go to something else in the program. It does not occur if you click outside the Manager main window onto your desktop of another application’s window.

1 Like