Custom Report Not Returning Transaction Type Properly

It is hard to offer specific advice as I don’t know what you are trying to achieve with your custom report.

I typically start by

• Showing (“Select …”) anything which sounds like it maybe the type of data I want displayed in the final report. Less useful items are removed later

• Showing (“Select …”) anything which sounds like it maybe useful to search or filter the transactions I want to show in the final report. Useful fields are then used in “Where …” terms and removed from the display / “Select …” part of the report

• “Where …” terms are all "and"ed (all must be met for the general ledger entry to be included in the report). Other search engines provide the option to “Or” searches together. The work around for General ledger accounts in Manager’s custom reports is to add a special character or string to the account name, for a particular set of accounts, then use: Where … → General ledger Account → Name → Contains → < your special character or string >

• In summary “Where …” terms are chosen in the following order 1. From constant properties not dependant on user data entry, 2. Positively defines just the general ledger entries desired, 3. Excludes a large number of entries not wanted, 4. Successively excludes specific entries not wanted.

• After which sort order, Group, and finally collapse is added as required

For example, in the first step I would create a custom report something like
General Select

Edit
Oops looks like I have missed your question

Imo it is what it is. I would just update my custom report to work again.

Lubos appears to be making some very large back end changes, which involve redoing some interfaces. The reason for which maybe evident to us users later.

I can see value in upgrading the report transformation / localisation functionality to increase the commonality with custom reports and custom themes. Big changes are occurring with report transformations so perhaps it is part of that. Will have to wait and see.