Custom Report Issue

We had explained clearly what we needed in every post.
But you closed some post without proper solution.
So, we need to create new post.
I want to know how many items transfer to our customer.
We used custom fields at Inventory Transfer.
As we used long time for Transfer Report in previous version, after upgrade latest patch those reports which are able to use in old version are not able to use in latest version, that’s why we posted the issues but you didn’t accept and you closed that post.
I want to know clearly how can we handle those reports in latest version, we can send you database if you need it.
“We just want reports using at previous version can use smoothly in latest version.”
“As you are not end users and you will not know pain point of version upgrade issues.”

The old custom reports were removed to enable upgrading many other areas of Manager. I do not believe Lubos would make that decision without good reason. Based on other posts he is also aware of the limitations of the new custom report system.

While the old solution to some problems is no longer available, there is likely to be another solution to many reporting requirements. It appears considerably enhanced reporting options are being developed, which may provide another useful options for you in the future.

we agreed that latest version had new ability which are not able to use in old version
we just pointing out when new version release, it should not effect existing features
thanks

1 Like

The topic was closed because the discussion was ongoing elsewhere and answers had been given. Closing a forum topic does not indicate a solution was provided. It just means further discussion will not be allowed in that thread. In this case, it was only meant to keep relevant posts together, rather than scattering them through multiple topics.

Your old report did not furnish that information. Inventory transfers are from location to location within the company. No customer is involved. So, if you thought that report was telling you anything about customers, you were incorrect. Or else you were using locations and inventory transfers incorrectly.

I don’t think that this can be an issue. The important thing is the final result. We also use inventory kits improperly but we get what we want.

1 Like

I surrender. I have been told endlessly the program no longer supports obsolete custom reports. I already knew that.

I asked @San_Thida_Myo_Latt what information is desired, for what use, to see if there was some way to provide it. And, as moderator, I closed parallel discussions of the same topic, some of which were originated by a co-worker of @San_Thida_Myo_Latt. That generated a storm of criticism, indignant insistence that I had no right to ask, repetitious postings of redundant information, private complaints to the developer, but—most importantly—refusal to acknowledge that the report that could not be duplicated never produced the information claimed for it in the first place.

So good luck.

Simply because there is no solution right now. The only solution is that @lubos implements the missing part quickly.

for our transfer, we used custom field and we used for consignment purpose
so, this report is important for us

BUT - “most importantly” - your repeated and unwarranted attacks upon the User has been a issue. You repeatedly kept inserting and distracting the topics with your self obsessed opinion about the reports usefulness. Therefore, it’s not a matter of their “refusal to acknowledge” your opinion, but it’s a matter of YOUR “refusal to accept” their assertions and your “disrespect” that the User might actually know what they are doing in their business. The self righteousness tone of that quoted comment, epitomises that disrespectfulness, their failure to be more accountable (refusal to acknowledge) to you.

2 Likes