Custom generated PDF filename in sales quote

I like sending emails via Manager as it keeps a record of them in the interface. This becomes especially useful when there are multiple users using the system.

Using version 14.10.02 the PDF’s file name when sending a quote via email appears as: “Quote _ $MYCOMPANY.pdf”. The spaces seem a little strange.

I would like if the PDF’s attached appeared with a filename of some some syntax like: “$QUOTE_$CUSTOMERLABEL.pdf”

Where $QUOTE is the quote number including the prefix, which (in my case) includes the initials of my company anyway.

Of course, everyones preferences are different so something general might be better.

The latest version (14.10.5) is now using subject to name PDF file. For example, if subject of your email is QUOTE 123, PDF file will have filename QUOTE 123.pdf

Hi Lubos, thanks for your prompt reply.

My next question would be what, what are the codes to input the variables into the email templates?

So that the email subject may automatically include the quote number.

At the moment, only one variable is supported on email templates and that is {{reference}} in subject line.

So, under email templates, use subject QUOTE {{reference}}

The addition of {{reference}} really helped me. I was wondering if anything has changed here though, as I woudl very much like to include {{my_company_name}}, {{customer_company_name}} and/or {{quote_description}} as optional parameters.

I know such requests come in every day, and there’s only so much one can do in a day. it is merely a friendly and low-priority suggestion.

@jorisb, I need to roll out custom HTML template support across all documents (currently supported on sales invoices only). Once that is done, the same variables which are available on HTML templates will be supported in email templates too.

If you need this for sales invoices, then I can easily do this now. Otherwise you will still need to wait until April/May when it should be available in other documents too.

@lubos, can you provide an update about this feature? I have tried searching but couldn’t find an update about it. Thanks in advance!

You need to be more specific, @iDani3l. This thread mentions several features and some of the posts are years out of date. What exactly are you inquiring about?

At the moment, only one variable is supported on email templates and that is {{reference}} in subject line.

So, under email templates, use subject QUOTE {{reference}}

@Tut I specifically mean using other Liquid code in the subject of for example email templates.