Custom fields

You can add custom fields to various forms to capture additional information with your records in Manager.

To create a custom field, go to Settings tab

Click Custom Fields

The screen will show a New Custom Field button with each form.

Click the New Custom Field button from the relevant form (e.g. Sales Invoices)

Enter the name in the Label field

Click Create button.

When you create a new sales invoice, you will notice the new custom field in that sales invoice.

Custom fields as columns

When viewing your list of customers, suppliers, inventory items under their tabs, custom fields can be visible as columns.

For example, to add a new column under the Customers tab:

Go to the Settings tab

Click Custom Fields

Click New Custom Field button under Customers

Enter the name of the column in the Label field

Check Show custom field as a column option.

Click Create button.

When you go to the Customers tab, you will see your new custom field created as a column. The column will be empty. To enter data into the custom field, click Edit next to the Customer Name.

Once your custom field is visible as a column on the customer list, you can use the searchbox to filter specific customers.

Custom fields on printed documents

Custom fields can also be made visible on printed documents.

For example, to add a new custom field to printed sales invoices:

Go to the Settings tab

Click Custom Fields

Click New Custom Field button under Sales Invoices

Enter name of the column in the Label field

Check Show custom field on printed documents option.

Click Create button.

When you view sales invoices with a custom field specified, the custom field will show at the bottom of the sales invoice.

2 Likes

While creating custom fields for sales invoice what “position” stands for ? I cannot set default text for created fields. I mean texts inputs that written in default text field are not showing in invoice print.

The position controls the order in which custom fields are presented. It has no impact if there is only one. If more than one, they are listed in the numerical order of the position field.

To make the custom field display on the sales invoice, you must tick the appropriate box when creating or editing that custom field.

1 Like

Is it possible to control the custom field for specific user? I don’t want all users to choose from drop down list or just write the name of the other users who are authorized to approve invoices or etc.
Or simply automate the whole system by printing or recording their name on each document they created. This will help to track each users activities and would not cause misrepresentation. Please advise.

Audit trail is on the roadmap. I think controlling permissions on custom field level is probably going too far.

1 Like

thanks @lubos for replying. Audit trail sounds very interesting and should serve the purpose. Looking forward.