If Manager asks for the payment method when ‘Spending Money’ then that comes back to @Tut 's comment “For that matter, one almost asks why not turn the Spend Money button into a Write Cheque button”. I’m still feeling like the separate tab thing is un-needed.
So what if >
- Spend Money just either for everything or if you prefer just for
’Payment Method = check" simply Credited Unpresented checks
- Instead of having a whole separate tab, we just click on the number
in the unpresented cheques column in the bank account form to get to
the unpresented checks list from where we can tick them off. (This is
no different than how you get to deprecation for fixed assets, there
is no separate tab for depreciation);
- In this way you have all your functionality but keep it contained
within the bank tab/module;
- You don’t need to add more buttons to where Spend Money already
is/redo invoice forms etc. Spend Money simply asks for payment
- ticking off or matching to bank statement lines makes the Entry (Cr Bank/Dr Unpresented) to move from unpresented to Bank, we just get to the list from the ‘underlined value’ in the unpresented column against the bank account rather than from a separate tab.
Again, sorry for the diatribe, just thinking out loud and apologies if I’m getting carried away.
P.S. In some systems in settings when you look at ‘payment methods’ you can choose whether than method should be ‘automatically’ or ‘manually’ cleared, i.e. whether to pass it through unpresented (payment clearing) or not.