DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Change text of purchase order field on sales invoice

I don’t need the purchase order field on sales invoice.
Is there a very easy way to change the text to read as ‘Speedo’ ?

If you don’t enter anything in that field, it won’t show on the sales invoice. If you are trying to use that field for something else, you will have to create a completely new view template. That, of course, requires HTML/CSS skills.

Sadly, you can’t just modify the default example view template that appears if you create a new one, because much of the functionality of the sales invoice will be lost.

Thank you for a very concise reply. I do not have HTML/CSS skills so things will have to remain like they are until I can give further thought to the matter.

Could you use custom fields?

Thanks Tut. I probably can but am unsure as to how to use them. And would it then show on a report?
This is a new client and we record the speedometer readings of the vehicles when they come in for MOT/service/repair.

You should be able to add this field as part of the sales invoice or as an element of an individual sales invoice item. See the Guide at http://guides.manager.io/businesses/settings/custom-fields/custom-fields-on-printed-documents. When you create one, you have the option of specifying a position. I confess I don’t know exactly how you would position the field or just how much control you have over it, because I’ve never done that. But try it out.