Cash account entries have gone to zero

Entries I made in June thru September have all gone to zero. When I view them, they have amounts. In the register, it only shows 0. Is this by design?

What do you mean by “have all gone to zero” - on the summary screen? on a report?

What do you mean by “register”? there is nothing in Manager called “register”

You need to illustrate with screen shots, @2cantech.

Cash accounts- petty cash - balance!

[0414201008~2|690x498](upload://rEYYVcGIW31hYC1gSNe9VTTuAL4.jpeg

There were amounts instead of zero.

I have a personal checking and a business checking. Personal entries began in January. Business started in October.
When I added the business checking, all the bank accounts I had reconciled became unreconciled. And now the personal checking account has also been put to zero even though the data is there.

You need to post screen images of the data - it is not possible to say what is wrong from your description

It was my error. I changed the starting date to October 1. Sorry to be a bother.
Sparky

You should not be doing personal and business accounting within the same Manager business. Do personal in one and business in another.

1 Like

Answer:

You should not be doing personal and business accounting within the same
Manager business. Do personal in one and business in another.

New Question:

Then how do you transfer money from one checking account to another?

My client is always taking money from the business and putting it into his personal account and vice versa.

Those are payments or receipts, that is, money is going out of or into the business. Personal and business accounts are unrelated.

But you have now introduced three separate subjects in one thread: zero account balances, bank account reconciliation, and inter account transfers. Please limit topics to a single subject so other forum members know what you are asking about and can read if they are interested.

thank you. I did mention in one of my posts, that my problem was solved. It was my error. I changed a setting to the date I added the business account. Then everything prior to that date still existed, but was reading as a zero. When I changed the date back to January 1, 2019, everything came back.

I am new to the forum. I apologize for adding too many threads.

Sparky

You should not even set a start date unless you are migrating from another accounting system. See Set start date | Manager.