Bahrain

Thanks, I was using the Arabic language and for some reason, it didn’t work until I used the English language.

if I want to use it, then I should translate it from English to Arabic, from Reverse sings to عكس الإشارة and that how it’s working!!

@may why did you change base currency for Bahrain from 3 decimals to 2 decimals? Should be 3 decimals or am I missing something?

Yes, that’s not right.

The decimals are 3.

Also, Bahraini Dinar has no symbol. The د.ب. is just the acronym of the currency name in Arabic, much like BHD in English.

This د.ب. should be reserved for Arabic Language localization only because it looks unprofessional when used in English documents.

@Ealfardan if you consider VAT Return Form done, you can mark it Published.

Done

Effective from Jan 1, 2022 the rate of VAT will increase from 5% to 10%

Hello Sir, I want to ask, how to download the manager.oi application using 32-bit windows, please guide? thanks

This question has nothing to do with localization. Read the Guide about Windows installation.

Hi @lubos. I was thinking about the best way to handle previous period corrections and tax credits brought forward and I came with a setup utilizing zero rated tax codes that seems perfect to me.

I don’t know whether you will agree with my choice of methods here but I’m happy to let you know that it checks all the following:

• Fully conforms to Bahrain VAT return form presentation.
  • Produces correct accounting treatment.
  • Separates previous period corrections from VAT payable account which means that VAT payable account will always tie-in to the amounts already filed for all previous periods.

I didn’t do the changes to the localizations server because I don’t know whether you would approve of such creative use of Zero rated taxes, so in order to avoid unnecessary changes to an already published localization, I made it in a separate file.

https://mega.nz/file/nDBQHLTY#P1mdVn6eg9irFPHe6Zovseabh5UZXJHvbMBHXtnpL8U

I have also created sample transactions to illustrate how it all works.

Please share your thoughts.

@Ealfardan please make adjustments on localization server directly. Anything can be undone and for me it’s much easier to review changes there.

Sure

Done

@lubos in case of transactions made in 2021 (5%), however will continue for the year 2022 (10%), how Manager can handle such situations?

You need to create a new Tax Code

1 Like

You create new tax codes for the VAT 10%. And the report transformation will have to wait until the NBR gives clear instruction on whether this is going to have any effects on the filing process or the layout of the form. Unless of course you have the layout, then you should share it.

Having too many Tax Codes will create complications, what if the rate will further increase in future as there is a gradual change from the govt. @Ealfardan do you agree or not?

Also there will be transitional phase which the systems must be ready to address, Jan 1 is less than 2 weeks now…

@danowagroup tax codes which you no longer need can be marked as Inactive

I agree, especially for those codes that don’t apply everywhere. I recall once that Lubos once said that we will eventually be able to choose what tax codes goes with what transactions, which would be just perfect.

@lubos I hope you don’t change your mind on this. :crossed_fingers:

Yes Active/Inactive options available but not all users are capable to handle the Tax Codes since it’s a part of System Admin. unfortunately not every organization have such ppl whom we can rely to update the system.