Allocate inventory write-off to equity account for personal use of stock

Good question to consider at this time as having an overview of how specific changes will effect other ways of using the program, can help guide early steps. There are a few ways I can think of, my order of preference is:

1. Make the quantity click-able, then drilling down would give a breakdown.

2. Only put a link on the payment / receipt page which takes the user to an information page for that item. Not as good in my opinion as it would not work as well as a low quantity warning when ordering (discussed in this idea Inventory zero warning).

3. Putting all inventory location information on the payment / receipt page. The problem is unbounded space allocation to support the function. Or more specifically the length of the list of inventory locations is unlimited, and the names are under user control so can’t readily be shortened.

An interesting idea.
So you are suggesting

• each user should specify in their personal setting what is their home location, in the above A, B, or total

• The quantity displayed on the payment / receipt screen is then for their home location. Drilling down on that would then show the full inventory breakdown (other locations and total for the business)