Bulk employee payments from payslips

Hi,
Is there a way to make bulk payments? For employees? I have 70 of them, now I need to enter every single payslip and pay it, is there a shortcut for that?
Thanks

3 Likes

You can use recurring payslips: Set up and manage recurring payslips | Manager. Thus, you can payslips in bulk, but payments will have to be entered individually.

I suggest this as an idea - bulk paymemt option for Manager.

1 Like

This has been suggested before. I will add it to the Ideas category.

1 Like

Thanks

Haya!
May I ask in which state this idea? Is it going to be implemented one day?
thanks

1 Like

We are also very interested in this idea. We currently have 170+ employees. The batch/bulk processes that we would like to see are:

1. Batch printing of payslips, preferably at least 2 per page.
  2. Batch processing of entire payroll.
    In our institution we pay all our employees by giving one cheque to the bank plus a report of names, account numbers, and amounts to pay. The bank transfers money into each account for us–we don’t do it ourselves. So there are no individual employee transactions on our bank statement, just one transaction for each monthly payroll.
    In Manager.io, we create the cheque payment via Bank Accounts–>Spend Money. But we have to enter all 170 employee amounts manually one by one into the transaction. There is a huge chance of error using this method, and it takes A VERY LONG TIME.
    If there were some way of selecting the suspense account and employee names by a pick list rather than one-by-one such that the amount owing to each employee is also carried over, this would make the task much quicker and less error prone.
1 Like

There is currently no way to do what you ask about. But here are some thoughts that may help:

1. You mention selecting the Suspense account. That account is where Manager parks incomplete or unbalanced transactions until you fix them. So except for repairing problems, there is never a reason to select Suspense. Can you explain exactly why you are doing this and how whatever you are working with got into Suspense in the first place?

2. You haven’t explained your workflow completely, but cloning a previous payroll transaction may reduce your work load. If everyone is paid the same amount every payday, all you would have to do is edit the date. If amounts change, you would only have to edit those. Your comment about having to manually enter amounts one by one makes little sense as justification for picking from a list. Somewhere during whatever process you use, you have to enter those amounts, so the chance of error always exists. The point is not to enter them twice.

3. Consider whether you should be entering payslips in Manager in the first place. Think about where you are getting the information from and whether you could bypass entering it into Manager, since you are not using Manager’s intended workflow to pay the amounts you owe to employees. Companies that use outside payroll processors frequently reduce the payroll process within their accounting records to a couple entries per cycle. My point is that you have the bank performing the back half of the work already. And you may have some other system performing the front half. Why duplicate anything unnecessarily in Manager?

I would suggest developers create another shortcut for this.
If manager would allow posting journals to cash accounts, then it would be
possible to process multiple payments with one single journal entry.

I think you can be confident that will not happen. There are too many things related to bank and cash transactions that are not present in a journal entry. That was a fork in the road that Manager passed long ago.

You can already do that by adding lines to the transaction form.

Then how would your bank know about them?
Banks understand your deposits and payments as they are movements which they transact on your behalf, but if you start processing Journals though your Manager cash accounts - how does the bank get to know about them as they aren’t deposits of payments.,

Brucanna, I cannot answer you this, cause I am not developer, but I on some programs they use increase (+/cr) for deposit, (-/ cr) for withdrawals and if there linked other cash transactions, this means transfer. Well…I am not developer, so I cannot tell you this. It is just I see for the first time when this options is not implemented and I wonder why? I am happy journal user especially when I need to keep some operation grouped together for matter of convenience, in on single journal (for example, entire payroll process for August 2017). That is why I miss that option.

The question has nothing to do with the Developer.

If you could create a Journal Entry into your Manager bank account how would your Bank know about that transaction as journals aren’t deposits or payments and banks only deal in deposits and payments.

Actually I am starting to think that you are confusing Cash Journals with Managers Journal Entry.
Every entry into an accounting system is a journal entry of some type:
Purchase Invoices is otherwise known as Purchases Journal
Sales Invoices is otherwise known as Sales Journal

Therefore when you state “in one single journal (for example, entire payroll process for August 2017)” - you are actually referring to a single “cash payments” journal where the whole August payroll is documented. In Manager that Cash Payments journal is known as Spend Money.

So assuming the August payroll was a single payment, then if you went to Bank Account - Spend Money you could enter the entire August payroll in one transaction. However if your payroll was paid weekly then you need to enter a transaction per week - to match the Bank’s account.

Yes, but just use the correct Journal, Manager’s Journal Entry should be infrequently used.

You can do it as like I do.

2 Likes

I hope someone would be working on it to make it easy for bulk processing of payroll, like creating check boxes against each payslip (generated by recurring), then spend money and the whole process of interpolating payslip figure of individual employees to employees clearing account.

That would make life easy

1 Like

Added to the latest version (19.9.31).

Under Employees tab, the total amount shown under column Amount to pay is now clickable.

Screenshot_2019-09-13%20Northwind(7)%20-%20Employees

When you click the amount, you will be taken to new screen which contains New Payment button. This will create new payment transaction with pre-filled line items.

5 Likes

Nifty!

This is a wonderful and very amazing work

This is one of the good outcome but it is working for each employee. Can you please suggest how it can work for multiple employee?

Is it possible that when one select employee than ‘amount to pay’ shall appear automatically in order to reduce the chances of errors.

Click the total instead of the individual employee’s balance. If you have employees in multiple currencies, there will be a total for each currency, since multiple currencies require multiple payments.