Ability to copy goods receipts voucher straight to purchase invoice

Assuming I made an order and the goods arrived, after inspection the good were accepted and then an invoice issued to me. In a situation like this, I want to be able to create Purchase invoice from the goods receipts note which will show on the purchase invoice the Order Number and the Goods Receipt reference number.
This can be implemented with the same idea for goods delivered. I received an order to send goods/services and sent them to the purchaser, after they accepting the goods/services and they send an invoice based on the order, I want to be able to just go to the delivery note and copy it into a new sales invoice which will show the order number and the delivery note reference number.

Hello! I just started using Manager, Iā€™m still learning to use it and for now I think is a good idea to have the possibility to create the invoices from goods receipts and delivery notes (like from orders).
Iā€™m in italy and the delivery notes (and good receipts) have fiscal impact and often they are issued or received before the invoicing.
So for me this would facilitate a lot the job in Manager.

Being in Italy has nothing to do with how the program functions. Goods receipts and delivery notes have no financial impact in Manager. They only record movement of inventory items. Some transaction involving the items must exist first, creating quantities to be received or delivered. It cannot happen in reverse, because necessary financial information is missing. See the table in this Guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/7262.

True.

Not True.
Goods can be supplied and received without any invoice. the financial information, in this case the Sales Invoice, need only be issued within a specified period (notified by the govt) from the date of supply.

I wasnā€™t referring to government regulations. I was referring to the fact that goods receipts and delivery notes do not contain financial information necessary for invoices.

It is not a criticism of how Manager works, itā€™s only an idea to facilitate the job for me (for italian users and all the others have this problem).
If itā€™s possibleā€¦ okay, if notā€¦ okay! I will lose some more time.

Andā€¦ according to me the delivery notes (and goods receipts) contains important information for invoicing, if I receive goods (or send) someone shall invoice this goods!
Usually I send the goods (or services) before the invoice as well as all my suppliers.

You are missing my point, @sket. Goods receipts and delivery notes do not contain the necessary information to create purchase invoices or sales invoices. So even if you could copy them over, you would have blank invoices and have to fill them in anyway. So there is no point in being able to copy them.

There is the customer/supplier, there is the list of goods or services, there is the reference number of them.

In Manager when I create an invoice I canā€™t add the relating delivery note, but I can add the relating order (that it really have not any fiscal impact).

So what I ask is the possibility to add the reference number of the delivery note (or goods receipts), like the order, or more than only one because it might be the case that an invoice is related to several delivery notes. I often receive goods in several supplies and then all invoiced in only one invoice.

e.g. Last week I received goods (in 2 supplies) and in the relating invoice there is reference numbers of the delivery notes, but when I report in Manager I have no where to add in the invoice.

The optimal solution (according to me) is: order > delivery note > invoice.

Yes you can. You can either put the delivery note into the Notes field (because you have been writing about purchase invoices, which are not external documents, so the supplier does not see them) or you can create paragraph-type custom fields.

This is a reason to use Notes or custom fields, because a dedicated reference field would accept only one number.

In this case, copy the invoice from the order. It has the necessary data the delivery note lacks.

But in your explanation, you have mixed delivery notes and goods receipts as well as purchase and sales invoices. Remember, you will not enter a purchase invoice until you receive a sales invoice from your supplier. Since you are using purchase orders, the information is there. It just isnā€™t in a goods receipt because that isnā€™t the purpose of a goods receipt.

if i may suggest, all modules related to sales and purchase should be interlinked respectively. like a circle and not lines with an open end. even the custom fields should have the ability to share data between the modules.

Reason:
Manager does not have dedicated fields for shipping details like the number of packages, gross weight, nett weight, AWB number, etc.
When these are created as custom fields for Sales Invoices, you have to manually enter all these details again in the Delivery Note and vice versa.

i hope @lubos can understand the necessity.

I donā€™t like to criticize, but given the answers I have to go deeply on.

In the invoice there is the field of the order and not the delivery note (or goods receipt) when the order have not value and the delivery note (or goods receipt) yes!
I can add the reference number of the delivery note in the Notes but why the order (thatā€™s not important) is in the top close the important references and the delivery notes (thatā€™s important) in the footer?

Then, maybe there is the possibility to copy the delivery notes (or goods receipts) from order, but itā€™s only a simple proposal of low consideration. Iā€™ve received goods receipts (many times) with fiscal informations.

Iā€™m open minded, and I donā€™t rule out anything without evaluating.

If you really must have a field for the Delivery Note Number, you can always just use a custom field, or re-use one of the existing fields (e.g. Purchase Order number) for your purposes.

Then use a custom theme to change the name to ā€˜Delivery Note Noā€™ instead.

Manager is so flexible, that it can be adapted to do things like this quite easily.

Itā€™s about what Iā€™m doing but.
I would like to create invoice from the delivery notes, it makes my job much easier.

Where do you think Manager would get the pricing and tax information? Delivery notes do not have it. But Iā€™ve said that already three different ways.

And now you must be talking about sales invoices rather than purchase invoices, because delivery notes have nothing to do with purchase invoices. Whether you are talking about purchase or sales invoices, delivery notes or goods receipts, sales orders or purchase orders, the only feasible way to create an invoice using the Copy to function is from the order. Purchase and sales orders have the necessary pricing and tax information. If you are interested in saving work, this is the approach you want. If you could copy a delivery note or goods receipt to an invoice, you would have to separately enter pricing and tax information, duplicating the work you already put into the corresponding order.

maybe I canā€™t explain (Iā€™m not speak english well, actually very bad) but from my point of view itā€™s very rational.

In this case: report the order > when received the goods I report them and I have to go back to view the order to add the reference number > when the invoice is issued from the supplier I report it, I can copy from the order but I should view the goods receipt to add the reference number.

I think itā€™s more rational: report the purchase order > copy to goods receipt > copy to purchase invoice.
Naturally the same for the sales: create the sale order > copy to delivery note > copy to sales invoice.

You have explained yourself and your request very wellā€“many times. But you are so fixated on your suggestion that you are ignoring the fact that delivery notes and goods receipts do not contain the necessary information to generate invoices. Therefore, the ability to copy from them to invoices would be pointless. You would still have to complete them manually, because you cannot have a financial transaction without financial information.

If it is important to you to have various reference numbers on forms, enter those manually. That is less work than looking up pricing, adding tax codes, etc. And if you make an error, there is no financial consequence. But if you make an error entering the financial data manually, as you would need to do with your suggestion, there would be a financial consequence.

This is the last response I am going to make on this subject.

I could say the same about you, and little touchy too.

Maybe can be added the fiscal informations on goods receipts, like I said I received many goods receipts with fiscal informations (price, taxesā€¦).
Why I could make mistakes to fill the goods receipts, itā€™s the same for the orders, and it will be copied to goods receipt, like now copied to invoice.

Despite my bad english I think I was clear and my idea is really rational.

Yes, you were very clear. @Tut commended you on this:

However he also raised a few other points.

The main thing to take away from this at the moment is that what you want is not currently possible. Whether it will be implemented in future is a different thing entirely - but it doesnā€™t work that way right now.

Therefore, I encourage you to find workarounds that do part of what you need now. Some of these workarounds have been mentioned above.

I think this idea is workable. Even though goods receipts donā€™t contain all the information as purchase invoices, Manager could inject missing information into ā€œcopiedā€ purchase invoice from elsewhere (e.g. default unit price and default tax code). Of course, you should still adjust details as shown on received purchase invoice.

2 Likes

Added to the latest version (18.1.83)

1 Like