CAMT.053 instead of MT.940

I just learned that a major bank in the Netherlands will stop the use of MT.940 and will support CAMG.053 instead. Manager.io is not supporting this format as of yet. When will this be the case?

This is for the developer to determine, however, I don’t think that that’s out of this realm.

Can you provide an official resource on this new standard.

Do you mean CAMT.053?

CAMT.053 seems to be the equivalent of MT.940

It’s just XML file after all. Support can be easily added. I just need some bank statement examples in that format which you can send me to lubos@manager.io.

3 Likes

Hi Lubos,

I just sent you an email with a download of bank statements.

kind regards,

Bart Den Dulk

Which Dutch bank does stop the support of MT940?
@Lubos All Dutch banks support the CAMT.053 format for business bankaccounts.

ASN bank (which is part of SNS bank so I presume the whole SNS group wil make this change).

I more or less have the same issue.
Im not the expert on digital bank statements, but it seems like the CAMT file format is an updated and more standardised version of MT940

Any luck with implementing the CAMT.53 uniform transaction file format?.
Unfortunately, my bank now only provides pdf, csv and camt53 files, so im really looking forward to an import feature in Manager.

Anyone can import CSV but you need to ensure it is formatted to Manager import format.Our businesses only use CSV and they have different banks and countries but we are happy how it works for us.

@eko How do I make a CSV file in the manager format? When I try to import an exported CSV file from my bank, I get an error message that it is not in the right format.

Hugely looking forward to the moment when CAMT format becomes available in Manager.

There are already several posts about this on the forum, the most recent one being this one in which the corresponding Guide is mentioned. Did you read it?

1 Like

@Mark Thx!

You’re welcome but that’s the advantage of the forum’s great search function and of having well written guides. :wink:

BTW, I would delete the link to that commercial software as it may be considered as Spam but the Mods will eventually delete it if they think so. And the steps in the Guide are easy to follow so you don’t need any external software.

Hello,

Since the 15 july my bank has closed down the export of MT.940. The only option now (besides csv, wihich i find dificult to use) is CAMT.053. Is there any progress in adding this format to the import formats of Manager. I would be very glad if it was…

Thnx,

Hans

Added to the latest version (22.8.23.327)

However, the implementation is based on a single sample file I’ve received. I’m not familiar with the format. Please test import function within sample business file (not on your real one). If your file does not import properly, please send it to me to lubos@manager.io with explanation what went wrong and I will take it from there.

Hi Lubos,
I just installed version 22.8.23.321 and I tried to import a camt.053 file. The message I get is: The file you’re trying to import is invalid. By PM I will send you the file I have, which is from the RABO-bank, one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands…

I just updated to version 329 and I still get the same message.

@Hennie maybe you should send an email to lubos@manager.io with a sample file as he indicated that the implementation is based on a single sample file he received only.

In my post I wrote that is was going to send him by Personal Message the file I have, which I already did.