Payslip reference numbers are being sorted as text

@lubos

You have not shown enough of the list to know what is going on. But your reference number order suggests you have sorted things. #10 is also future-dated. Show the entire list in default mode.

Oh
I had assumed Manager was doing a text sort on a number field as has occurred in other places

No, the default sort is by date, with most recent on top. Here is an example from a test company:

37%20AM

If this was a text sort, the 10/23/2018 date would be at either the top or bottom (depending on sort direction).

@Patch pointed out to me in a private message that you were probably referring to the # column, @acecombat2. For some reason, since you furnished no explanation, I thought you were complaining about the Date sort, especially since the future-dated payslip was in red.

I will move this to the bugs category.

@lubos, sorting of the reference number column is, indeed, a text sort rather than a numerical sort. I thought all those had been changed some months ago.

yes @tut, I’m sorry for not describe it earlier, as I was rushing finishing tasks on hand at that point of time.

I’m pretty sure the topic itself hinting sufficiently plus the image. and again I am sorry. Thanks @Patch for realizing.

Fixed in the latest version (19.9.16)

1 Like